tile substrate? & Heard of this breeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
We are going to get a Leo in Aug and I was wondering about substrate. We have extra slate tiles and was hoping to use this. But I was wondering if the heat from the UTH would make it through the glass and then the tile? I haven't research UTH but I am assuming there are different watts I can buy?

I think I am pretty set on buy my Leo from Ecco Gecko, I emailed every Leo breeder that is going to be at the Expo I am going to and I am most excited about this one. Anyone have experience buying from them? They seem great but if I am going to spend some bux I would love to buy from a breeder who has a good reputation. http://eccogeckos.com/

I found a gecko forum but a TON of post I read has kind of snotty answers most included to just search for the answer. That is fine and dandy cause it get a little outta hand here sometimes with the same questions over and over but it just doesn't seem welcoming if 6/10 posters are told to just search for answers. And I read a few post where the OP said I am trying to get xyz for really cheap where can I get it and people responded if you can't afford xyz then how can you afford to feed the gecko. :roll: Really? I wanna to buy everything for my set up pre-owned or cheap as can be because I am thrifty not be cause I can't afford to feed my animals. I might not post there, I don't need any of this towards me. I will stick with BD.org and if I have to wait for answers than so be it! :mrgreen:

dakjd03

hi, we changed all three of ours over to tile substrate a while ago and everything has been fine, it makes me wish i had done it sooner. i cut them so they just snug and just trimmed one corner at an angle so it's easier to pull out and clean up.

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome thank you! We are going to do the tile 1) It's cheap (cause we already have the supplies) 2) its one less thing they can get impacted on!
~amber

dakjd03

my thoughts exactly, i think it cost me less than $20 to do two twenty gallon longs, a 55 gallon, a regular 20 gallon and a 40 gallon breeder. it also makes cleaning much easier. Good luck with your gecko, they are awesome little critters

Jess

Extreme Poster
A UTH can heat through slate, I've done that with my tanks before. :) Right now I have non-adhesive lino for them.

Join www.theleopardgeckoforum.com That's where I'm a member, and it's a smaller forum, but everyone is pretty nice!

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
i use tile for everything except my corn snake. my temps in my leo cage hover at about 92 right above the pad. i need to get a bigger pad though, the current one doesnt cover enough area:D

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's what I thought. Which probably means I already asked you Jess..... :roll: :lol: we are going to have to best dang Leo tank ever!!! Well, we better since I think I ask questions twice!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom