Tile, Reptile Carpet or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all, Im new here and Im getting a beardie because Ive heard of what great pets they make!
I have a 135 gallon enclosure for my soon to be beardie, but Im a little stuck on substrate. Ive heard that reptile carpet is great, but hard to clean. I was going to go for the carpet, but after hearing that I started thinking tile. In your opinion, which is better, or is there something better out there?
Thanks!

Lara

i use astroturf - fake grass for reptiles. I have 2 sheets for each cage so i have a spare while cleaning one. Easy to clean and it can be bought or cut to size your enclosure. Of coarse tiles are good as well.

Blind

Hatchling Member
Slate tile. Easy to clean, safe for the beardie(claws can get caught in repticarpet), and, in my opinion only the looks of hand made substrate/walls trumps the looks of slate.

Smalltowngal

Original Poster
Blind":16dmrwyu said:
Slate tile. Easy to clean, safe for the beardie(claws can get caught in repticarpet), and, in my opinion only the looks of hand made substrate/walls trumps the looks of slate.

I was thinking tile too, but would it get too hot under the heat lamps?

SnaxNZ

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and just have a question about the substrate. I've heard about getting tiles. I picked up some lino stick down tiles from work is this a good thing for my beardie or not?

SnaxNZ

Blind":3tihib7x said:
It's bad. The chemicals from the adhesive will get to your beardie when it gets hot.

Ok i wasnt going to stick them down but i'll return them and get some slate tiles :). Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom