Tile Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! been a long while since I've been here! lost my internet for some time. Glad to have it back.

So I have a question about tile substrate. Sounds like a cleaner way to go. I've been noticing my beardie (Dune)'s sand substrate is way dusty and hard to clean out. So when I heard someone say they kept their bearded dragon on tile I thought that would be such an easy way to go. BUT then I wondered if a rubber tile would be a nice way to go as well. I've used it under beading in my horses stall before. It seems like it would allow for much more traction than tile because of it's textured top, but I'm not sure how good it would be to use?

Does anyone have any idea on weather this would be a good way to go?

Myke

keep in mind this is my first post, so take it for what it's worth. I don't know much about rubber tile, but I think it would be harder to clean?

Edocsil

My advice isn't tested or anything, but I have a couple of reasons why stone/slate tiles might be a better option. Though rubber tiles do sound really cool. :)

One of the main reasons why keepers use slate tiles is to naturally file down their beardies nails. I don't think rubber tile would be able to do that.

Rubber tiles wouldn't be able to hold heat as well as stone/slate either. That's another major reasons why slate tiles are useful. By holding heat, the slate tiles would help to keep the enclosure warmer, thus being more energy efficient. Rubber tiles might be able to hold heat though.

That's all I can come up with! I agree that any tiles are cleaner than sand. Good luck!

scarletpan

Original Poster
Yeah, I think I'll stick with slate. Safer solution. Just hope my beardie transitions well to it. Eh, who my kidding, he's been through 3 different kinds of beddings, he'll be fine.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom