tile floor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have only had our BD for 3 days.. we are kinda new to this whole thing.
We have read about tiling the floor of the viv. That is what we are doing right now. My question.
Do we have to use anything under the tile? Is directly to the bottom of tank good? Also. Do we have to use anything under the tank to heat that type of flooring? It's ceramic tile. Will it hold sufficent heat?

Thanks so much in advance.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Welcome, and congrats on your new dragon! :D
I put a strip of shelf liner under my tile to protect the glass and for ease of clean up if he poops on a crack. ugh!
Some folks put paper towels under there for the same reason. Tile holds heat really well. Also, beardies sence head through the top of their head. If the floor were to get too hot, he would not know it and might burn himself. Strange I know, but true. Many of us wrap ours in a beardie burrito to help them retain their heat for the night. And just to snuggle. A bit after lights out, take him out and wrap in a soft cloth and lay him on your chest for a snuggle. Many of us snuggle our dragons to sleep this way. But beware, they spoil easily, you may be forced to cuddle daily! :lol:

In case you didn't know- do not leave crickets in over night. The nasty bugs will nibble your sleeping beardie and leave sores.

Sandy H

AthenasMom

Original Poster
thank you very much! The snuggle advice was nice too! Don't worry.. everyone else in this house is spoiled... she will be no different!! :D

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Protiemama answered your questions. I just wanted to say we use paper towels under our tile just in case some liquid gets through the sides of the tile. Makes a full tank clean up a breeze.

adtoes

Hatchling Member
I siliconed my tiles in place on the bottom of the tank that way i can cut them out if need be for easy removal and nothing gets in between the cracks if he poops there :) that way you don't have to worry about stuff underneath. makes clean up a quick and easy breeze :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom