Tiger Nova - Our first beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

staciek

After weeks of research, reading, and waiting Tiger Nova (Nova is his Daddy's name) arrived on Thursday March 17th. The day Tiger arrived he ate some of his salad after he had his bath, then around 20 crickets his first feeding and around 25 for his second. :shock: The second day he wouldn't touch his salad and he only had 7 crickets all day. By the third day he only ate 2 crickets in the evening and still wouldn't touch his salad. Although I was so worried, with some reassurances from our fantastic breeder and some time he is right back to eating normally again and is adjusting well to his new home. :D Our kids look forward to when he is all settled in and they can hold him. We are so excited he is finally here!! :blob5: :blob8:

Dragonnumber6male.jpg

Tigereatingsalad.jpg

TigerNova.jpg

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
What a cutie TIger Nova is :) Its great he's starting to settle in ! I know you and your kids will be thrilled once you get to start handling him more :) Congrats on the new little one !

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
He's absolutely adorable and I can't believe how long his tail is either..lol have u measured him? He already looks 2ft long ha ha

staciek

Original Poster
Tiger appreciates all the compliments!! We think he is adorable but we are quite biased!

I am so wanting to measure him and see how big he is now, especially how big that tail of his is!! I have the rotten cold that has passed around all of my kids the last 10 days so I am avoiding handling Tiger for the moment. He is still getting settled in here anyway. Thursday we will have had him for two weeks. Although he has had moments where he has settled down and enjoys my holding him for a few minutes getting him out of his bath, he still tends to be a bit jumpy. We aren't handling him much so he can adjust, and we are worried about him jumping off of me or my husband. He HATES being wrapped or covered up at all for me to dry him off after his baths and is ready to seriously bolt if given the chance. Once I stop trying to dry him off he will sit in my hand and when I attempt to put him back on his basking spot he will usually stay on my hand and bask there as long as I let him. I'm thinking that will probably be the best time to measure him.

I will definitely post info on his length as soon as I can! :D

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
oh so sweet! love the name too! gee mines around the same size, but with mines nipped tail he looks so different! I think yours may hold a record for that tail lol! congrats hope to watch him grow :mrgreen:

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
What cute pictures :) The one with his belly hanging out and that one leg dangling... TOO cute.. I just wanna poke da belly ! lol
I think it sounds like he's settling in pretty good... Almost all babies are fairly spastic and the vast majority like to run around and kamikaze off tall items (shoulders, couches, etc). So you have to always be careful. As they get a little older that decreases. So I think the fact he'll let you hold him for a few minutes and then will bask on you for a long time is a great sign that he's getting used to you !
Thanks for the pictures! sooo cute ! :lol:

staciek

Original Poster
NCSUCarrie":naf64acr said:
What cute pictures :) The one with his belly hanging out and that one leg dangling... TOO cute.. I just wanna poke da belly ! lol
I think it sounds like he's settling in pretty good... Almost all babies are fairly spastic and the vast majority like to run around and kamikaze off tall items (shoulders, couches, etc). So you have to always be careful. As they get a little older that decreases. So I think the fact he'll let you hold him for a few minutes and then will bask on you for a long time is a great sign that he's getting used to you !
Thanks for the pictures! sooo cute ! :lol:

Thanks for the reassurance!! It is good to hear this is very typical. I worry he isn't adjusting as well as he should...well, I worry about doing everything right for this little guy! This is a first reptile and first beardie for us, and no matter how much I read about them it isn't quite the same as having him right here and trying to figure out if he is doing well. His inconsistent appetite had us worried too, but our breeder said not to worry about that either. Some days he is quite the little porker, while others he isn't interested much! I wish I could tell better if the things we are doing so he adjusts and isn't too stressed are really helping. What a learning experience all this is!

apaprikao

Hatchling Member
Wow, those pictures are awesome!! What a little cutie you have there. Love the name as well.

Congratulations and Welcome!

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
I had to come admire our Wave's brother again! He's so unbelievably cute. Looks like he's going to be a very handsome guy when he's all grown up and gets his full coloring, too! :D More pictures, more pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom