Thugs World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I wanted to start a Thug thread just for my updated pics. He is getting so big now. He wont come out of the viv for me with out a little tag play but as soon as my 15 year old walks up he will let him pick him up without any fight. :banghead: . Funny thing is he is at school and i am home all day and talk to him. Thug is starting to like his bath time now, well he doesnt try the great escape anyways. He just gives us looks.
We live in WNY and its going to get cold here soon so we put a second warm spot light with a dimmer and we will see if that controls the cool side. He has a large warming pad under the tank and he seems to like it but we are cold then warm here right now so I have to watch the temps and unplug it and plug it back in depending the temps :mrgreen:

These pics are from my phone till I get my camera back (dropped it :cry: )

Bath time!

DSCF1779.jpg

DSCF1777.jpg

DSCF1779.jpg

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lots of moments with him some good some not so much but we are doing something right. I love our vet.

71342ec8.jpg

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well he finished all his hornworms so need to buy more. He is growing like a weed again and eating like a boss (pooping like one too :puke: ).
His head is getting pretty big now. His head exploded the other day to the point I had our little soft toothbrush and he actually let me get the extra shed out of his ear with no fuss or muss so I know it was bugging him.

His sleeping is all jacked up now. He wants to sleep longer now so we dont turn off the light but we leave him alone. Some times as early at 6PM I think he sees the sun go down out the window and is following that instead of the bask bulbs. he gets pretty angry when we dont open his shade to see out th window ha ha

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We gave him another round of Nolvason to make sure. He shedded almost 100% of the yellow left over scales and nice new scales were under it we were so releaved.
He is pretty much back to his old self. I have to over and see how your zoo is doing ha ha

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Couple of pics :)

Tuff guy at it again. Not really his beard was shedding
999924b6.jpg

Cruzen the basement.
b86647e3.jpg

Ok I have a question. He is eating me out of house and home with his (Med) crickets. Think Thug is big enough for adult crickets?

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Awh it's been a while Thug!

We put Bindy onto adult crickets at about 6 months. We were in the same boat as you. She (yeah, its a she. confirmed now lol) would eat through them like crazy. Just keep the "between the eye" rule in mind and use your best judgement. Try some other worms too for variety!

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah I think I'm just going to grab a few see how he does. He also gets horn worms which he drops like 6 of those no problem.
Since healed he has some dry skin issues but we help him out when he sheds on his lower body but he pretty much licked that YF.
He is growing like a weed now. 6 months old 17 inches 182 grams.

So you got yourself a girl ay? It's been a while life gets in the way. Lol I need to get over and see bindy and few others...

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Holy Thug's a tank! He has so much more growing to do too! You might have one monstrous lizard on your hands!

Bindy's about 10 months old now? And she's 17 inches. I don't anticipate her getting much longer.

Awh I'm glad Thug is doing much better! Being a worried, frazzled, beardie parent is stressful! Good for you for making him feel much better!

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he he even when he was sick he still ate, which suprised me. He eats like 20 crickets and 2 horned worms in the morning then decides he needs to make room if you know what I mean then gobbles down his butternut squash. Stinker still wont touch his greens. I may need to do an intervention in a month or two.

Had him outside today and he was so confused when we actually went out the door. ha ha

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thug moving into his new home soon, just happened to look in CL and found a custom made 48x24x24. I'll get pics soon. Need to modify the top a little bit so I can keep his set up the same.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Halister":1y4ib3j2 said:
Thug moving into his new home soon, just happened to look in CL and found a custom made 48x24x24. I'll get pics soon. Need to modify the top a little bit so I can keep his set up the same.

Awesome, I can't wait to see your handy work. :wink:
Pictures of Thug for now will work. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom