throwing up everything including medication .....HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Does he really need the Baytril? It is highly nephrotoxic & can upset their system as well. Some tolerate the Baytril while others don't.
Personally, I would discontinue the Baytril for now. It is too much stress on him with the black beard & the throwing up. There is another medication you could consider for a respiratory infection, called Tylan or Tysoline (same thing) that is not nearly as toxic & is better tolerated. So, maybe ask about that medication if you feel that he does need a treatment at this time.

Tracie

puffwhizzcrooke

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will ask about the medication....but he was given the Batryl because he was throwing up and there was blood in the vomit....I am totally confused now :?

puffwhizzcrooke

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK ..update the fecal sample has shown that Crooke is riddled with round worms...so now he is on Panacur

It looks like he has had them that bad that they have been attacking his stomach lining :shock:

He has only thrown up once today and it wasn't black like yesterday so hopefully he is over the worst

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry! I know how much it hurts. I'm not sure you could have done anything. It could have been that the problem wasn't noticed in time. Sometimes you can't tell a beardie is ill until it's too late to do anything. We had that problem with one of our first two precious girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom