throw up and diarrhea from overeating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpetguy

I have a ? on over diarrhea.
I worked out of town for a day and my son fed a lot of food to some hungry babies .they are just guest's as my female gave us 33 babies and i am down to 11 now .there growth has been good .most are 12 in. and were born oct.1-6th. they had to go 3 day's w/out bug's so they were hungrier than usual (don't worry they eat a mix of collard's ,turnip green's ,any beardie safe food mixed with reptile life juvie food ran through a food processor also) anyway when i got home their bellies rock hard and they were lazy. the next day they were puking up super's and cricket's followed by some diarrhea after that.by the way that is today. They are my babies so i want to find the source of the problem ASAP and a vet is out of the ? at this point cause my income has been cut in half this year(thanks to the power's that were) I think I'm probably just being a little over cautious at this point but the thing with most animal's of this type time can be important .Just assume they are raised by the book so i do not have to answer unnecessary ?s at this point my typing suck's. I cleaned and disinfected everything gave them warm bath's and raised the cage temp's a few degrees and i have seen this happen on a much smaller scale from unwashed veg's from the market once before so i'm not to worried yet unless it is still going on tomorrow but they are my BABIE'S Has anyone seen this before ??------------today all symptom's appear to be gone so far 2-12-09

Grommet

Hatchling Member
Do you have any updates? How are your babies today? I do think it's a cause for concern if they are throwing up..... Diarrhea as well. That could mean a parasite infection or improper temperatures in their tanks. Do they seem to be getting better? How is the swelling in their bellies?

It's great you bumped up the temps in their tanks.... how warm is their basking spots? Hopefully, with the warm temps and baths they won't impact from the extra cricket shell - they are obviously having a difficult time digesting. How many of them are sick? Did your son accidentally feed them something toxic?

Kailin

carpetguy

Original Poster
Grommet":0ea67 said:
Do you have any updates? How are your babies today? I do think it's a cause for concern if they are throwing up..... Diarrhea as well. That could mean a parasite infection or improper temperatures in their tanks. Do they seem to be getting better? How is the swelling in their bellies?

It's great you bumped up the temps in their tanks.... how warm is their basking spots? Hopefully, with the warm temps and baths they won't impact from the extra cricket shell - they are obviously having a difficult time digesting. How many of them are sick? Did your son accidentally feed them something toxic?

Kailin
Today 2-14-09 all seems well. no more messy poo and all are 100% or so they tell me. I think that maybe it was a bad batch of either fresh turnip green's or Kohlrabi top's and not just the fact that they ate about 6-8 super's and god only knows how many cricket's combined with their green's each. This time of year up here in MN. the produce sometimes is old even at your large chain store's like cub foods. I have seen this happen on a smaller scale a few times before from eating a large amount of fresh green's that may possibly had a small amount of residual pesticide .I grow a very large veggie garden in the summer with a section just for beardies and once i traced a case of the poop's to pesticide over spray in my adults.I try not to use the seven dust anywhere near my organic section but those ******Beatles really hurt my giant pumpkins and left me no viable choice.(it was all for nothing anyway thanks to a pesky deer) But a word of cation to all who need it : they use pesticide's at the farms where are produce comes and organic is all ways better but you can't all ways find what they need in that section of the store (more likely not at Cub foods) Of the 38 beardies i have handled so far i have yet to lose one but i have run into a few issues with some weak ones at birth. all cage's have a basking area of 100-110 and a cool down area of about 78-82 depending on the ambient air temp. I do not weigh them but all from the clutch born Oct1-6 are 11-13" and doing well except for one runt that will not eat much at all and has not grown since the day he hatched .He does not appear to be suffering and i will continue to give him/her every chance at life. I have a strong feeling that if he can make it until the weather warms the real sun will fix him as i have found it cures most ailment's with any basking animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom