threw up

jolie Bloom

my beadie threw up agin. he threw up yesterday it was mosty undigested crickets, so i know this can be very serious, but i thought it was just that his basking temp was to low, so i raised it to 110 but he threw up agin this time it was mosty liquids. his eyes are really sunken and he is skinny(witch im working on) but other than that he seems fine. all his temps are correct he fairly active other than his eyes and him not liking food. i'm really worried and don't know what to do.

update: i think the temp gages aren't working, i'm getting a way higher quality one tommow so i hope it was just that the temp that was to low and he will be fine, however i'm still open to suggestions as to what to do:)

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my beadie threw up agin. he threw up yesterday it was mosty undigested crickets, so i know this can be very serious, but i thought it was just that his basking temp was to low, so i raised it to 110 but he threw up agin this time it was mosty liquids. his eyes are really sunken and he is skinny(witch im working on) but other than that he seems fine. all his temps are correct he fairly active other than his eyes and him not liking food. i'm really worried and don't know what to do.
What kind of uvb are you using and how are you taking the surface basking temps-- digital probe thermometers are the most accurate

jolie Bloom

Original Poster
What kind of uvb are you using and how are you taking the surface basking temps-- digital probe thermometers are the most accurate
i'm using a carolina custom cages reptile 34" T5HO UVB+ double GUIO basking light fixture and and i'm using just a zoo med dual thermometer and humidity gauge combo. the temps read 110 and the humidity is at like 37. also what digital probe thermomometer do you recommend? i'm going to order one.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i'm using a carolina custom cages reptile 34" T5HO UVB+ double GUIO basking light fixture and and i'm using just a zoo med dual thermometer and humidity gauge combo. the temps read 110 and the humidity is at like 37.
Is the dual thermometer a stick on? If so its inaccurate ---please get two digital probe thermometers - they are the most accurate place the probe on the spot where he basks 10 min or so you want temps 95-100 for adult/ juvie dragon -- undigested bugs are a sign of not high enough basking temps-- the UVB should be in the tank directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -- and the bulb should be no older than one year --- I recommend changing them out 10-11 months -- please get a digital probe hygrometer
you want humidity 40-50% is the optimal range -- nothing under 20 % and nothing over 70 %
Get that adjusted and then see if it corrects the problem

jolie Bloom

Original Poster
he seems to be doing better his eyes are less sunken and he is really happy and running around, it was a bit cooler than i thought, so i move his hammock up and the temps are now around 100-107 and his humidity is at 43. thanks so much for the help:), he seems better but if he starts declining agin i will take him to the vet:)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
he seems to be doing better his eyes are less sunken and he is really happy and running around, it was a bit cooler than i thought, so i move his hammock up and the temps are now around 100-107 and his humidity is at 43. thanks so much for the help:), he seems better but if he starts declining agin i will take him to the vet:)
Are you getting the surface basking temp w/ a digital probe thermometer? They need to be used for hammocks especially

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom