Threw up and refusing to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 11inch, 2 month old beardie, Làska, was sitting in my hands last night right before I fed her and I noticed she didn't want to eat anything when I tried to feed her . She kept trying to crawl off me and about 10 seconds later she stoped, opened her mouth as wide as it could go and violently shook her head and her body for about 10 seconds before she threw up 3 (size 2 week old) crickets. It scared me very bad and I understood why she didn't want to eat . I gave her some lettuce if she got hungry later and put her back in her cage. She didn't touch it and went to bed with out food. This morning she didn't touch her food, and this afternoon as well. She'll see a cricket and ignore it or walk off. She pooped twice today so I know she isn't costipated or too full to eat. I know sometimes she eats more than one cricket at once but shes never had a problem with it before and didn't throw it up until 5 hours later.. I'm worried, someone help?
She normally eats around 4 times a day and is always excited . Now she won't eat or doesn't care. Thanks in advance !!

BeardedDragonCo

Hatchling Member
First clarify something, 2 months old and 11 inches? Most 2 month old babies are about 7-8 inches. Can you take a pic of her in your hand? If she's dehydrated after throwing up, she won't eat until she gets some fluids in her. Smaller babies that go a meal or two without bugs get dehydrated quickly, so you will want to drip water on her nose several times a day until she perks up. She could have thrown up from not getting enough basking time or warm enough after she ate her last meal. Sometimes when I feed my babies too late at night and don't give them a full 3 hours to bask, the next day they are throwing up. It usually takes them another whole day to rehydrate before they'll start to eat again.

DdraAndLaska

Original Poster
I know it sounds dumb.. But I don't know how to upload pictures on here since I'm using my phone. Haha and yes. She's 11 inches and a little over 2 months old. She's weird I know.
I bathed her today for about 10 mins in warm water just in case that's what happened and like always she loved the water. How long can she go without eating? I tried dripping water on her nose before I posted on here and I had no luck.. Normally she would drink it though.

Update: she threw up again and it was a huge ball of green and black. How many times will she do this?

Oriheme

Juvie Member
I dont know about phone but you go to a photo sharing website like tinypic.com or photobucket.com and upload pix to it then use the URL to post pics! Hope she is feeling better soon! My baby is almost 2 months old(Born May 28) and is barely 8 inches long :D are you sure she is only 2 months old? Is she a giant dragon? Where did you get her?

Also what are her basking temps at right now and what are you using to take temps? What kind of UVB light bulb do you have? It might help to go through your set up to see if there is anything hazardous to her that you might now know about :D The people are very helpful on this website good luck with your baby hopefully she does better!!!

DdraAndLaska

Original Poster
I know. She grows about an inch every week and a half. She's defiantly different! I got her from a breeder in Austin! I use a gun and it's basking 100 and cool is around 86 to 95 . I'm not home right now, I'm working so I can't tell you what kinda of lights I'm using. I think it's repti sun ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom