Three legged beardie RESCUED! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyb

My boyfriend (jon21388) and I were out to dinner last night and figured we'd stop into a local pet shop that had just opened. Of course we went straight to the beardie section.. and couldn't believe what we saw.. This little guy was hopping around the tank, missing part of his arm on one side, and his toes on the other. We spoke to the woman there, who said an unexperienced employee had accidentally shut the baby's arms in the glass door OVER NIGHT! :banghead: They found him the next morning, and everything that had been shut in the door was crushed.. they amputated the dead limb and toes.. I'm thankful he had survived the night..

Well, we fell in the love with the little guy. His personality is just adorable.. he ran and jumped around the tank like he didn't even know he was missing a foot. We held him, too, and he was surprisingly so calm :love5: Who knew we'd be leaving for home from a dinner date with another little beardie :lol:

Currently he's in a 10gallon with a soft pillow and paper towels in our apartment until we're able to get our other extra supplies at our other home.. he'll be getting Stewie's old 20gallon long tank asap, then we'll be getting him into a 40 gallon breeder.

We already started a blog on him if you want to check it out! (A3LeggedDragon) hehe.
Here's some pics of our new baby!!!!!!

073.jpg

062.jpg

048.jpg

059.jpg

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Awww he is adorable!!!! That pet store employee should be shot :angry5:
Thta little bugger is soooooooooo cute :love5:

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
Awwww so sweet! Stupid pet shop though. I hope you enjoy him/her and I am glad that the loss of a foot hasn't hindered his mobility.

amyb

Original Poster
Thank you all!
Yes I'm so happy we just happened to walk in to that petstore.. He's a sweetheart... I'm counting down the hours until I'm out of work and I can go home to see him again :love5:

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
He is soo cool :love5: :love5: I'm really glad you rescued that lil' fella and gave him a great home that he deserves. What a cutie! :)
I'll check the blog too. :mrgreen:

amyb

Original Poster
Thanks atrax!!!
Well, now just trying to come up with a name to fit him perfectly :p

Also, do you think getting logs for him to climb on, etc would be alright? Or should I keep it to the softer/smoother/lower to the ground furniture? I'm probably a little overconcerned, but I don't want his arm to become irritated by anything.. At the pet store he was climbing and jumping and getting around fine, but.. ahhh.. I'm a concerned mommy :dontknow:

amyb

Original Poster
Thank you spurlee01, I'll make sure to check that out.

SO, we just moved him into the 20gallon long tank.. and as soon as we did that, half his beard and tail became black. I've read on this site before that that's a sign of discomfort/pain.. Hopefully this is just stress and nothing too serious..??

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
What a cutie! I am so glad that you found him and he is in a good home now.
I have 2 3 legged beardies myself, and they both climb around fine, and have not had any trouble with anything in their vivs, I think it is just what you and the beardie feel comfortable with.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Glad you have him. I can't believe that stupid employee. What that poor little guy went through all night, just makes me so mad. He sure is cute and have fun with him. Becky

amyb

Original Poster
Thank you everyone! :D Yeah, we're both already so in love with this little guy!!

Jiffy":355le73t said:
What a cutie! I am so glad that you found him and he is in a good home now.
I have 2 3 legged beardies myself, and they both climb around fine, and have not had any trouble with anything in their vivs, I think it is just what you and the beardie feel comfortable with.

That's wonderful! I've been worrying so badly and fussing over him ever since we brought him home - I just want him to be happy and comfortable!!
We were able to get the other tank and logs for him today.. He went nuts and has been climbing around and exploring just fine.
I just can't get over it how we just happened to stop into that petstore.. We feel so lucky to have found such a sweetheart :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom