Thoughts on Butterworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel9

Juvie Member
I noticed that on the beardie nutrition site (which I love, btw), butterworms are listed as black for occasional. On the Mulberry Farms website, though, it states butters have twice the calcium of other feeder insects.

Grendel loves her butterworms, they're easier to store than silkworms (I always get mold issues with silkworms), and I just get less grossed out by them. Frankly, I'd prefer to feed them - along with the Repti/Phoenix worms.

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience/suggestions for me and my diva?

Thanks!!

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Butterworms are not as bad as everyone thinks.. And they are not nearly as fattening as wax worms. See the attached chart.. I feed my kids (beardies) butterworms, they love them.. along with dubia and reptiworms. Someone once told me on here that feeding Butterworms is like living on a snickers, but then I found this website.. and now I disagree.

http://www.elliotsbutterworms.com/nutrition.htm

grendel9

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your responses. I've had a lot of luck keeping butters alive, and Grendel likes them, so I'd love to be able to use them as a staple along with phoenix/reptiworms. That chart looks great! Thank you!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom