Thor - Pet Store Rescue - Dec 16th 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
Well today I went to the pet store I needed to get a new light bulb as one of my heat bulbs blew out in a dragons tank I happened to walk over to where they keep the reptiles and this poor little green lizard was sitting in the corner terrified he was dehydrated and looked under weight, well being the sucker I am I bought him knowing nothing about Chinese Water Dragons.

Since I've gotten him home I set him up a nice tank with things to climb, a dish to swim in, and a nice warm basking spot which I don't think he's ever known what warmth is. I gave him some crickets and he ate them as if he had not been fed in a long time, poor boy. Once he warmed up I gave him a nice long bath in the bath tub he went to town swimming around and playing in the water.

I named the little guy "Thor" don't know why It just hit me, here are a few pictures of him and his tank.

If anyone knows about the care of Chinese Water Dragons or even own one Please drop me a message I'd love to learn more I know I have the basic's of them under control as I spent a few hours going threw online care sheets.

Thor.jpg

Thor2.jpg

Thor3.jpg

Thor4.jpg

Awww, what a lovely water dragon! Bless you for giving him a home where he'll know love.

This is my Mushu, he's still a baby but he was teeny-teeny-tiny when we brought him home and this was taken a bit ago so he's grown some.

IMG_0912-1.jpg

Out of all my reptiles, I find Mushu the most fascinating to watch--splashing around in his pool, climbing from branch to branch and back to his pool for a dip before more climbing--he's such a little cutie-pie.

Because of the difference in their climates, etc. they do have very different habitat requirements (more iguana-like) but their eating habits are somewhat similar. When I first brought Mushu home and now, when I have a question, I visist this site http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/, there's a lot of great info there.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Congrats on the new baby! (well rescue) He looks very happy in his new home.
I had a water dragon that i rescued but he had severe liver failure.
I had to euthinize. R.I.P. Gustav.

He was a really fun boy when he was active.

P.S. Water dragons tend to have have really bad shedding problems.
So just make sure when he sheds to keep his humidity extra high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom