Thor - Camping trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor

Born: October 4th 2009
Sold: November 23th 2009

Wow here is the lil fella Thor my first ever Beardie. hows that one morning your a deprived young man with out a beardie and by lunch your a proud father of a beardie. well i hope Thor likes his $1000+ setup. Glass Vivarium Dimensions - 1200mmx500mmx610mm, Rock wall on the back, wall in water bowl, fake plant, a bulky basking log, a stick which i treated 1ft long

Here is Thor posing just after downing 3 crickets just after he got home
IMG_1194_resize.jpg

(Date:23/11/09)

AussieOutlaw

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Camping trip was a success. Thor made it through the trip safe and sound.
Thor pretty much never left my site except when i was putting him to bed. his home for the trip was a plastic container 1foot long, 1/2foot wide and 3/5foot high(i had air holed drilled in the top). i folded up one of my shirts and put it on the bottom. put a small flat rock on top of it and Thor's favorite bush in it. at night i wrapped a fleece blanket around the the container and put a hot water bottle under it and put Thor in my swag(a small tent) just to keep him warm long enough for my to get tired then i would go to bed and my body warm heat up the swag.i gave him daily baths(he doesn't like them). feed Thor 2-5 crickets a day(if i give him much more than that he doesn't eat the next day) i dusted them in calcium every second day. we went on long drives everyday and did some 4WD for an hour or so each day. i was holding on to Thor most of the trip which was the best thing i could ever do because Thor trusts me now doesn't run away from me at all(its f***ing awesome :p ).

pics are coming

Thor's such a cute beardie, congrats! The only thing I would say would be to have a screen top for UVB and ventilation next time you go camping, but glad your camping was a success!

AussieOutlaw

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
UrsustheDragon":b6884 said:
Thor's such a cute beardie, congrats! The only thing I would say would be to have a screen top for UVB and ventilation next time you go camping, but glad your camping was a success!
I live in Australia mostly hot and sunny not really much need for a UVB when i got the real thing. also i have drilled air holes in the top 13 3mm holes or something

also christmas has come and gone and Thor's viv has had a big face lift ill try get a pic of his viv asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom