This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vrenee1018":3obph16k said:
So I'm TOTALLY late in the Petey eating world, but I'm jealous that he loves all kinds of veggies in his salad. My Tampico turns her nose at anything that is not collard, mustard, or dandelion greens. She won't even touch her food if summer squash happens to be touching her greens. Hahaha But I'm just glad she eats tons of those greens. Still trying to get her to try other things, but I think I'm stuck with a picky eater. Gets it from mom, possibly. LOL Anywho, got off track. Back to Petey! He looks happy, healthy, and he's such a good eater.

Love all the eating pics!

Vanessa
That's too funny! ?
I think I'm quite lucky. When son/DIL had him, he'd only get a nibble of fruit or veg rarely. His diet consisted of predominately superworms. When I started pet sitting for them, I'd buy veggies for Petey and his sister and they loved it! Finally got DIL to start supplying salads or at least greens to them every day.
I'm surprised they both love salads since they had very little. But don't know what they had their 1st year. Maybe they were missing their veggies, they both chow into salads now.
If your girl doesn't like summer squash, try zuchinni. Petey likes both but prefers zuchinni over yellow.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
And... He's still up, basking, ate more of his salad overnight. Might get a couple Supers later. So glad he eats after napping for almost 8 days. Seen some have trouble getting their dragons to eat afterward. You go boy! ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So he chowed down 6 fat Supers and would have certainly eaten more. ? Hoping he'll poo now. LOL!
-Dee

And 2 hours later, he took care of 'biz'. ?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I guess he might stay up for a bit. He ate more salad yesterday and has been basking ever since he woke. Stay 'woke' Petey!? LOL!
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Petey's still up, maybe will stay that way for a while.
He's eating well, has salads daily along with a few Supers since he ate nothing for a week, I've been letting him have his wormies 2 days in a row. Normally gets them 2-3 times a week. He has also 'taken care of biz' both days since he woke.
I am so grateful that he eats and poos regularly, even after napping for a week. I can imagine the worry if he didn't, I have enough to worry about. ?
Wishing everyone and their scaley babies a great day!
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well DANG! I go to the store, come back an hour later and he's asleep under the newspaper again!??
I was hoping he'd stay up more than a couple days.?
Oh well.
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dangit Petey!

Well hey Dee, maybe this is an excuse to get another dragon.. you know.. so when one sleeps you still have one to keep you entertained :mrgreen:

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ohhellno! I got my hands full. As much as I would LOVE to get a baby Dragon, my budget couldn't take all the feeder bugs. Before I took Petey, I figured up what he would cost me in salads and worms to make sure it was doable. He's much cheaper than a cat!?
I moved the paper off him and put his blankie on. Tested the temp of the blanket with IR gun an hour later and was 88-90 so he seems comfy and snuggled in. He did look at me this morning. You know. 'The Look'. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yesterday and today, seems he's awake whenever I look at him but staying snuggled under his blanket. Since he's under his hammock/basking spot, he's nice and warm.
We all have those days when we don't want to get out of bed, maybe dragons do too? ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I'm having one of those days, I'm right there with ya Petey! Ha.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Getting out of bed is too much work and Petey is discovering that. Enjoy the comfiness, Petey! I know I wish I were snuggled in bed watching Downton Abbey ?

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm still concerned about hydration. He always gets plenty of water from his salads, they are dripping when he gets them! But not eating while sleeping means no water. He was up for 2-3 days after the last nap, ate well, poo each day and picture perfect with plenty of fluid. I guess it just makes me anxious.
Because of him being sleepy although awake, I'm thinking of trying to get him out with his blanket and see if he'll be calm being held for a bit on my chest. We don't have a bond yet but he only tries to fight with me during a bath. I can pet him all day in his house, move him to clean up etc with no issues. He's quite mellow being 2.5 yo I think the spastic years are pretty much behind him but would really like to hold him and he be 'good' with it, ya know?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
106785-8169439002.jpg

This is usually what I see when I check on him. Not totally awake but not 'down for the count' either. I think if it continues tomorrow, I might try a cuddle.?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom