This is Digger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well here's a new update on Digger for anyone who happens to look at my thread. He was acting moody and I noticed his skin turning white turns out he's shedding, Almost looks like he's wearing white gloves and a super hero mask xD I took a photo with him today, hard to tell but i'll show anyway.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
haha yea we look forward to spending time together much more now ^_^ the whole family loves him.

I really love this picture of him, he's like a model haha :)

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Yes when he is shedding its ok to use a smooth wet cloth or a wet paper towel. Some people use a used tooth brush that's wet but the brissles can be sort of hard on them. As long as you don't forcefully pick the shed then all is ok.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The shed is literally hanging off him. The wet cloth loosened the one around his eye, I was very gentle but when he jerked his head I basically stopped and took that as a, Ow that hurt. The one on his back is like a brownish color, not sure if that's normal it's still clear though. The photo's from earlier today sorry it's not the clearest but it's hanging off MUCH more now.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
If its hanging off just leave it be and give him a bath to help soften the skin. He'll peel it off when he is ready

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
See yes its especially cool when they are shedding their head. Because of how they squirm their head to peel of the skin is so cute.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is it normal for him to be moody? not eat as much? He hasn't really been hungry in a few days. He's mostly tired and rests anywhere.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
nevermind he just tried attacking my hair and I put him back in his tank. he's defenitely eating normally. Seems to be in a better mood,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom