Thinking about Dubia Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moving out of the my parents house and into my own place in July and I was thinking about raising Dubia Roaches as a sustainable food source for my dragon. I have never looked into roaches because my parents wont allow them in the house and Obie has taken to freeze dried diets and superworms. What do I need to do to set up a roach colony? I don't want some gigantic tub taking up a bunch of space in my apartment.

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
I just started a roach colony, and they don't take up much room in our tiny home. Right now they're in a big Sterilite tote (maybe about 18 gallons), but as the colony expands, I plan to get second tote. If you have a closet that they would fit in, that would be an ideal place for them.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Is there ANY way you could set it up now? Maybe at a friends house or garage or shed? If you set it up now, it would easily be ready to feed out of by July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom