Thinking about breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a female thats about a year old and I'm thinking about breeding her once my male is up to size. Female is about 16 inches and 300 grams. Male is still young, a new hatchling about 4 weeks. Anyway, what im asking is, what are the requirements for bearded dragon breeding age and size, for both male and female. Any thoughts or tips?
Picture of female \/
20160617_142058_zpsegdi0ggm.jpg

20160617_142108_zps3lpfdmje.jpg

Novia

Has your male and female both burmated once already? They need to burmate at least once before breeding (and wait until they get back up to weight in the spring after burmation) It is usually easier to breed in spring when everyone is more energetic. I would maybe wait until the female gains 100 or so more grams. Breeding REALLY takes a toll on the mommas. Before you do anything make sure you have money set aside for an incubator (to hold up to 100 eggs because they can lay A LOT), sand for her to lay the eggs in, a lay box, lots and lots of calcium for momma, lights and bins for all the babies (only 10-15 in each bin, seperated by size) and TONS of tiny food for the babies. It is an expensive hobby.
We only have 27 little beardies ( just hatched on august 3rd) and I feel like they're already eating me out of house and home.
Good luck though! Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom