Thinking about a Bearded Dragon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, they have a huge personality. Just as much as my tiels and conure. And the info petstores give is so wrong. So, the other day I was getting crickets for Nim at our local PetLife. The lady there who was helping me with the crickets asked what reptile I had. I said that I had a 13 inch long bearded dragon. She said that she had a bearded dragon before and a 13 inch dragon would be fine with large crickets. Yeah right. But I just kept my mouth shut and said I wanted medium crickets. I wonder how long her beardie lived. But I recommend beardies to anyone who asks about them. And if you give them the best life as possible they will be with you for 10 years or more. :D

ChipBarGirl

Original Poster
I love how long they live, though it probably never seems long enough! Pet stores have always made me nervous, they often give wrong information about so many species. I often go in and overhear conversations with new pet owners and I cringe! I know they mean well, but they should better research their animals before giving such information. My biggest pet peeve is when a pet store sells obvious puppy mill dogs, and gives the wrong breed! Anyway, enough ranting... Lol!

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Thank goodness I haven't run into any petstores like that. They do sell cats but they are from the Humane Society. And when I do get a dog it'll be from the Humane Society, because those are the ones that need you. :D

ChipBarGirl

Original Poster
I completely agree! I have fostered over two dozen dogs over the years. Our latest rescue is my kitten, who is now almost 4 months old! A man walked into a pet store that I was in and noticed I was looking at the rescue cats available (always have to check them out!). He came over and asked if I was looking for a cat bc his cat had kittens and he didn't want them. He pulls a four-week-old out of a box and practically shoves him at me! The only one to survive from the litter! I couldn't believe it! Of course, my mom was upset when I brought a kitten home instead of a beta, but she quickly fell in love. My little man Finnegan is here to stay and is happy and healthy! He was so close to death and now he is one handsome guy :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Aww, he sounds cute. Glad you saved that little kitten. Could you post a picture of the little guy? There is a thread to help post pictures in the 'Photo Expressions' forum. :D

jellybaby90

I overheard a conversation today in a pet store, and was actually shocked to hear them say all the RIGHT things lol.

I do love my little guy though, still so sad that my little girl only made it to 6months, she was gonna be such a stunner as well :(

But I will do everything in my power to make sure my new little guy stays with me for waaay longer :)

ChipBarGirl

Original Poster
Wasn't quite sure how to do it yet, a bit confusing... but I think I got it! Let me know if it works!

First day we got Finnegan. My friend rescued another kitten the man had, about 4 weeks older than Finn
Baby%20Finn%20-%20first%20day!_zps8308ec9e.jpg

Two or three weeks later, when he finally figured out how to walk. I made a collar out of the leftover fabric from the bed I made him
Finnegan%20with%20fabric%20collar_zps43305616.jpg

A few weeks later, already so much bigger! He wanted to come with me hehehe
Finn%20on%20Purse_zpsfab9ffa4.jpg

Almost three months old here, his favorite time of day: feeding time! My fish, Darwin especially, get a kick out of him :) (water level was low, I had broken my ankle and was having trouble refilling the fish tank)
Feeding%20time%20with%20Finn_zpsd6eb9210.jpg

About three weeks ago, he is unrecognizable!
Big%20Finn_zps54dedb2a.jpg

A few minutes later, he had given up and was sleeping <3
Funny%20Finn_zps431a186a.jpg

Last picture! This was two or three weeks ago, and my mom and I were cooking. He got into the powdered sugar :)
Finn%20with%20Powdered%20Sugar_zpsdd66e62a.jpg

mudskipper

Juvie Member
I know what you mean. I have only held a bearded dragon once. I won't get mine till another month. Last week I went to Petco to buy a 20 gallon tank. They had a really nice hypo citrus baby (yellow baby with clear colored nails). He was the biggest of them all at like 6". He came to the front of the tank and just sat there staring at me. Made me melt. If I didn't already have a baby coming, I would have gotten him.

By the way, the Petco near me is having a $1 per gallon sale. I don't know if others do as well.

ChipBarGirl

Original Poster
I'm not very familiar with the coloring yet, so I'm not sure what I saw. But the Petco near me is having the same sale so I'm considering getting a 40 gallon while its still cheap. Gotta make a decision soon!

ChipBarGirl

Original Poster
Wow, they're all so pretty! But I completely fell in love with the last website's male cream colored leatherback with orange highlights - too beautiful!

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, breeder babies are beauties. That is why I said that my next dragon will be a white leatherback. Hoping. Probably will get it once my Nim goes into brumation. Since I heard that that is when most beardie owners get another dragon. LOL :D Your kitty is so cute! I wish I could have a cat but we have free range birds and I won't trust a cat with them. Such cute pictures. :D

ChipBarGirl

Original Poster
Lol aww thank you! I'm very proud of him :) He is a little too adventurous with my two birds, he loves to sit on top of the cage and torment them! But my parrotlet Loki always calls me for help when the trouble-maker is being bad :p

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
That's good. I know my tiels would hiss and run from a cat. And Oosy the conure would probably fight with it. He thinks he is ten times bigger than he really is. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom