Think I may have a parasite problem help quick please !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
I need some help. Yoda is doing well eating fairly well about 10 crix a day and salad at the minute but the crix are a fair size and I have ordered smaller ones im sure they are far too big for her anyway the real issue - When I went to get her from the store I bought the decor if you like from there too branch, bowls rock etc. I scrubbed the rock before hand as suggested but I kept noticing small piles of what looked like sand - I have a tile sub and to start with thought maybe the calicium powder on the crix but its too much. Then little brown beetle type things. Gut instinct says some sort of termite there are small holes in the wood and the little piles must be from that. My questions are what do you think they are ? Are they harmful to Yoda? I have scrubbed the wood and the viv completely and dried it but should I bake it or something?? How do I get rid of them do I need to get rid of that piece of wood?

I was not sure what was best to do if I took it out would any roaming ones then turn on Yoda through lack of alternative source should I just take it out and scrub the viv again? Help guys dont know what I ought to do

Health wise also she is pooing once a day and handles well she loves contact, seems alert and active, she is shedding at the minute my only other small concern is she sometimes closes one eye not always the same one they dont appear sore or weepy or anything and its usually when being held or petted but is it normal?

Thanks and regards Newbie (steph)

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Soak any plastic cage accessories in bleach water for ten minutes then rinse well with hot water.
I bake all wood and sand prior to using on my herps.
If you have termites in the wood that is not something you want in your house :wink:
The termites will not hurt Yoda. They are harmless to dragons.
I would not worry about that but you want any little critters out of there home. ITs always best.
I would wash and bake anything and everything.
I have dragons that will temporarily close and eye while basking or being held.
If she is new just try not to over handle at first, even if she is comfortable with it.
Pooing daily is a good thing :lol:
Ohhh, those are not termites they are what I call them weevils. They are fans of wood, dog food and are very common in pet stores and feed stores.
Do not let them reach your kitchen or you will have a weevil world going on. They will eat and get into everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom