Think i have totally blown my relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shona

I had Bambam out today and he got away from me..............apparently in trying to recapture him i scared him half to death now he is blackbearding and trying to bite me and doesn't want anything to do with me. We have always been close I am devistated. Should I just leave him settle for the rest of the day. He is back in his viv now but I am so worried I have totall wrecked the trust. :cry:

definitions

Juvie Member
Nahh you just startled him... Treat sounds like a good idea.. He will come back around.... your his human :p Good Luck

Shona

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, gave him a while to calm down and did give him a treat.

He still seems weary of me though, I got just as big a fright as him I think, firstly thinking he was going to disappear into the great outdoors and then the blackbeard and trying to bite.............something he hasn't done since he was a baby.

Anyhow thanks again for the reassurance. :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Something we found out the hard way, when you take your beardies outside, make sure they have a leash on them. We lost a baby outside when our Redrock was only about 8 months old and we never saw our Sandstone again. Then just under 2 years ago Redrock slipped off my shoulder (no leash on her) she fell and must have hit her head, she died 10 days later.

With our current two, we must have a leash on them because they get the wanderlust almost every day, unless it's way to hot and you look away for a split second then they have dissappeared.

Shona

Original Poster
That is a sad story I am sorry for your loss and I guess I should learn my lesson from this little scare we both had.

He is out at the moment with all the doors closed still looking wearily at me though.........he has taken treats from my hand as well so i guess we are on the mend.

I am trying also not to be scared of him as well, so maybe we are looking at each other the same way Haha

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You both will be fine together. I found my girls like to cling to our shoulders. Once he gets used to you, he'll insist on your shoulder, 24/7

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
beardie parents":7toy5ffn said:
You both will be fine together. I found my girls like to cling to our shoulders. Once he gets used to you, he'll insist on your shoulder, 24/7
Be prepared, they sometimes get preferences for which shoulder they want to be on, and nothing will stop them once they decide on that shoulder with the perfect view of the glowy screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom