Think I fed my baby something too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targ

Hey everyone! I have a 3-4 month old leather back who is about 9 inches. I'd been feeding her superworms which are terrible! She was constipated for a bit, which I cleared up with some help from olive oil. It was quite the escapade.

Now, we are on a healthy diet of hornworms, phoenix, silk, dubias, and crickys. I stupidly offered her a massive hornworm which she ANNIHILATED yesterday! Later, some dubias. She usually poops every morning, but I haven't seen her go yet. I'm scared the size of the hornworm may have constipated her, though I've read that hornworms are very soft for the dragon to process. Though, she's so young. I'm afraid of having another constipation issue right after we solved another dietary issue! Thanks everyone!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just how massive was the hornworm and why did you give it to her ? She may be just fine but only time will tell if she gets constipated or impacted. It's true that the size of the insect can be much larger with a soft bodied larva but it still should be within reason. Sometimes they will throw up a too large meal. Hopefully she'll astound you + be perfectly fine. If she was able to " inhale " it it probably wasn't too large. A really large one is almost the size of a small/average finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom