thing sticking out of vent? hemipenal plug? she really a he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staz

utahraptr":88437 said:
But I'll still likely refer to him as Evie, since I'm so used to it (it's hard to change)

I had the same issue with Jade, when I bought him from his PO they said he was a girl. There was no signs of him being a male but a friend of mine said he looked like a male. So we took him to the vet to be sexed and turned out he was infact a male...the next day when we got home from work he was displaying a jet black beard!! As if he was laughing at us for paying all that money! :banghead:

Then came the name issue...Jade. A well known girls name. We bantered for ages on names, but Tim (my fella) didnt like my suggestions and I wasn't too keen on his either (god help us when we have kids!!) so we agreed that he suited the name Jade and just stuck with it. We had been calling him it for ages and like you say, too hard to change!! He kinda suits in anyway. :blob5:

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I was told by 2 people Gizmo was a boy at 6 months, the shop i got her from said girl, but after a year, i thought i better just check myself ( i was feeling more confident at that point) i thought i had a girl, but you know the vet said boy. He was really proved wrong when she started laying eggs! We went through 6 months of he/she combos, it was all very confusing. We stuck to Gizmo, but my freinds refer to her as Gizmarelda!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom