they say "money can't buy happiness"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katiedud

Original Poster
So, instead of making a new post, I'll ask here. Does anyone have any idea of his "morph"?
All I have on my receipt is "male-red" but my fiancee was under the impression that he was sunfire? I dunno, heres a few more pics.
When hes happy, he has oranges and reds. His underside white scales and some of his neck area, armpits and so on, have a yellow base that "fades" to white(if that makes sense) . The grey spots on his sides get almost black when he's in a pissy mood. Aka stress marks. He has just started his shed in these pics, only half of his head so far in the first two pics.

This is today. Three of his 4 legs are shedding, his tail and half of his head are shedding. Always in patches.

Cat93

Hatchling Member
Hes a normal morph by the looks of it :)
Morph and color are actually 2 seperate things. The fancy names for coloration are really just whatever the breeder wants to call it to make it more marketable. Like citrus, tiger, sandfire, etc. "Morph" is actually reffering to scales more than color, like leatherbacks, silkbacks, dunners (although dunners do have a different tail pattern) etc. And then there are the morphs/mutations like hypos, and translucents.
Which is how you end up with bearded dragons marketed like "citrus tiger leatherback 100% hypo" Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, it can all get quite complicated. Hope I was able to somewhat answer your question. Here's a breeders video on the subject.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stI74dYTjgg

Either way hes got amazing colors!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I can't answer your 'morph' question because I have no idea about all that. When the people that have a lot of knowledge on that score explain things, I get more confused. This I do know, I think you will have a large boy when he grows to full size. Based on how much he eats, I know he's a healthy little guy but he will be in a constant shed for at least 2 months, maybe longer. He's really adorable!

Katiedud

Original Poster
Ugh, sorry I was half asleep typing that, meant to put it as color/morph. But either way, thank you for the info!!!
I had a feeling hes going to be a big boy. Hes over 10" and has grown at leasr 3" in the month and a half I've had him. I didnt think to measure him until he was already way bigger. Lol

Hes a hansome fellow, he sure is lucky to find such a nice home to :D the pirate theme hammok is awsome to! I might have to make somthing like that when i start work on Daenarys final cage.

Katiedud

Original Poster
Denver!! Glad to see you on here, lol im always posting+reading Daenarys updates :)
I got the pirate fabric at Wal-Mart, btw.

Katiedud

Original Poster
SouthPaw has had a rough few weeks. Had a hard time with his shed i think. It stayed on longer than usual. But we got thru it! He hates being soaked, often tries to climb my arm. But he needs it, especially for his shedding. And I have a bad picking obsession, so I gently picked his shed off. Worked out for both of us. His tail is still needing it, but it's just not ready.

I've been surprised at how smart he is. He's learned my routine. He knows when he poo's in the morning that I will hold him afterwards. If he poo's and I don't hold him, he will come off his basking spot and practically press his face on the glass watching me. Waiting. Hes spoiled, but it's ok.
My fiance laughs at me, because I often narrate what I think SP is thinking. Whatever, it's entertaining for me. He's got such a personality, sometimes im sure that my narrations are correct. Lol.
Well, here's some new pics.
The way he lays. Don't know how its comfortable!!

Uses the rock as a pillow

He loves my computer desk. He decided to graduate from my keyboard, to the desktop.

He hates me for this. He crapped on my hand right after I snapped this pic to show me how displeased he was. Lol

Katiedud

Original Poster
Thank you. Im so in love with this little guy!! Lol. When I come home in the morning, my daughter is usually sitting down eating breakfast, and ill say hi to her, and then go to to SP's tank, and start talking to him in that "awwww what a precious little baby" voice. Mh daughter looks at me and just shakes her head. I haven't thought about it till now, that she does the same thing to her ferret!! Lol. Ill have to bust her shoes next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom