They grow so fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

It's been one heck of a journey with my little Erik the Red! I have posted a few threads on here but I just wanted to make another one as I think I've figured out how to work with this little Beardie. I wanted a snake, but the GF said no way so we settled on a lizard. At first we bought a Savannah Monitor but we bit off more than we could chew. So I gave him back to Petco and they were very understanding. We picked up Erik and got him a little 10 gallon. I made sure he had all the good stuff, Reptisun 10.0, under the tank heater, heat bulb, etc. So the little guy didn't eat too much at first and I didn't know if it was enough or if he was still getting used to his surroundings (4-6 small crickets a day). The more I kept up with him, handling, regular feeding schedule, timer for his lights; the hungrier the little guy got. Now he loves his dubias (thank God for them, no more crickets if I can help it) and is growing like a weed. He'll munch on collards or squash once or twice a week but I still try to keep up with a fresh salad daily. So I am much happier knowing that he is growing, only thing I think I should do now is transition from liner for his substrate to rough tiles as his pride rock and slate slab aren't wearing down his nails well enough. Pics below, bought him mid-December and I suppose he's gotta be around 6 months by now. How does he look to ya? I love his color, my little Viking Dragon!! :mrgreen:

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
No joke they get big fast! What a handsome fella!
If you'd like to start a thread of his own (kinda like a mini blog) there's a section called Beardie Tales. Lots of great dragons, and tons of pictures!
I, for one, would love to see more of your little (oops, sorry, big) buddy :)

Mattrg

A 10 gallon tank will be way to small for him when he gets older a 40 gallon breeder is the smallest you should have. it's better to use heat lamps and if necessary a ceramic heater for warmth because heat pads can burn them plus their natural environment is dry. Make sure you are dusting their food with calcium and vitamins also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom