Thermostat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmodane

I've been called a tight wad before and if I can save $5.00 then sweet. Does anyone know if it would be possible to rig up a household thermostat bought from like walmart and get it set up for my UTH? Because I've been looking and it's like $25.00+ per thermostat made for reptiles plus gotta add shipping and shipping time. I can get a T-stat at walmart for $12.00 and be set.... Suggestions or anyone know if it would work?

wes

Juvie Member
Well, it's possible, but a household thermostat operates off 24 VAC and provides enough power to turn on a relay, not a heater. So, at minimum, you would also need a transformer, relay, and wire.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
The one from walmart should work. Just be careful with that UTH cause they are not really good for a beardie and burns can happen.

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
Yep, it's certainly possible. You can even get "heat only" thermostats for about the same price that run directly off of 110v, but I wouldn't really recommend it if you aren't fairly confident in what you are doing. Due to the risk to the thermostat itself, the beardie, and your house.. there is some risk altering these type of devices for other purposes. :study:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom