The Turks are here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
palomino":c4b63 said:
(I don't have a grinder :cry: )
That sucks! Dry cat and dog food is heck-a hard. :shock:

I feed mine every night 2 plates of food and a plate of water crystals and the food is nearly gone within an hour or so and by morning they are in need of water crystals. It's a good thing what they eat isn't to expensive or you'd have to wonder where the savings was. :roll: :lol:

palomino

Original Poster
Exactly. I have to get some water crystals. Right now I am just using a wet paper towel (to add to the humididty) and it seems to be working ok. I have some Flukers Crystals for my crix but it has calcium and I heard calcium for roaches is bad because it makes their exoskeletons hard. I am going to go get some water crystals w/o calcium at some gardening supply store this weekend. My roaches seem to like the apples I put in with them and they go nuts for the oranges. I will bang up some cat food tonight. Right now they love the cereal I put in there (sugar smacks...lol).

patrickb

Juvie Member
palomino":1c4c2 said:
Man I can't believe how fast these guys are growing. I have to crunch up some more cat food for them as they seemed to like that and the cereal I mashed up for them (I don't have a grinder :cry: )
As much as you seen this mentioned, don't bother with crunching or grinding up the cat food. The roaches are perfectly capable of nibbling the full kibbles down themselves. Even the babies! I used to think the same thing, but I think grinding the food down is just to make it more uniform for us humans to look at. They will do just fine with the whole kibbles.

palomino

Original Poster
patrickb":74cf8 said:
palomino":74cf8 said:
Man I can't believe how fast these guys are growing. I have to crunch up some more cat food for them as they seemed to like that and the cereal I mashed up for them (I don't have a grinder :cry: )
As much as you seen this mentioned, don't bother with crunching or grinding up the cat food. The roaches are perfectly capable of nibbling the full kibbles down themselves. Even the babies! I used to think the same thing, but I think grinding the food down is just to make it more uniform for us humans to look at. They will do just fine with the whole kibbles.

Now that's good news. I am glad I didn't buy a grinder then.

A good many of my roaches are nearing the 1/4" mark. I can't wait to get this colony going so I can get rid of these gross nasty jumpy crix. The turks are actually kind of pretty. They have a pretty coloring to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom