The trouble with tribbles ( I mean Turks ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimis

My dear husband has been a saint about my growing reptile hobby. He is not crazy about the roaches, but the Dubia are so cute . Mine aren't reproducing yet so bought some red racers. The beardies LOVE them!! And I hate them....grrrr.
To make the story worse we were watching XFiles last night, of course it was the killer roach episode and they really looked like Turks!! My hubby got me out of bed this morning and pointed to his tub, sigh, a roach in his bathtub. I pick it up and take it to the bin in the kitchen. And what do I see? Oh yeah, scurrying roaches! They escaped the beardie tank. Dinck didn't eat dinner- he is shedding his head. I thought about getting them out of the tank last night, but they are so hard to catch and he was asleep in his hammock so I didn't bother.
So while my hubby in shower, I am on the floor in the dark in the kitchen scrambling to catch red racers before he gets out and finds out there was an escape!
I set a booby trap for the ones that are still out. Tape with dog food on it. Guess I better tape the top of Dinck's tank too.
Now to keep hubby out of kitchen until sure they aren't a million roaches hiding in there

warnisha

Juvie Member
oh gross!!!!! sorry! That is my fear with roaches which is why I stick with the dubias. I have had one escape and he didn't make it past the hallway....kitties and cold!!!!

Erimis

Original Poster
Grrr....my tape traps are still catching roaches. Must not have been a one time escape :shock:
And how and why they keep showing up in the hall bathtub?!?!?
Please Dubia start reproducing!!!!!! Hate these little racers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom