The Tensi Diaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to keep a little journal here of my baby (who's not quite a baby) Tensi!
I got him a week ago. According to the pet shop he's a year old, but had never been handled! And had never eaten anything but crickets! So I'm still getting him used to being handled, but luckily he's never done anything more than puff his beard at me

tumblr_me4ktmJKjY1qk3exyo1_1280.jpg

His tail looks like it was probably nipped as a hatchling, and he's missing a toenail on his back leg, but he's my sweetie all the same C:

As you can see, he has some veggies in his food dish, but I couldn't get him to eat anything but crickets until last Saturday! He's my first beardie, so I was a little paranoid about getting everything right - this forum was a huge help! He originally had ground walnut as a substrate, but as soon as I heard it was bad for him I took it out and replaced it with reptile carpet. His nails get caught in it sometimes though... I want to replace it with some tile (I've seen some cool setups in the enclosure section!) so that will be Tensi's next upgrade.

I'm using a 100 watt Repti Basking Spot Lamp bulb for the warm half of his tank, and a 5.0 Reptisun UVB compact fluorescent bulb for his uv light. I read on the forum after I had his tank set up that a 10 is better though! Should I swap it out or just wait til it's time to get a new bulb? I also have a 60 watt ceramic bulb that only gives off heat to keep him warm at night since my roommates prefer it to be a little cooler in our apartment.

Here's another picture of him from above!
tumblr_me4ktmJKjY1qk3exyo2_1280.jpg

He loves blackberries, but hates getting his head touched (thus the purple stain on his lips that I can't wipe off in the bath without him getting upset). He likes scratches under the chin though!
Anyways, I hope to help Tensi live a happy healthy life, and I look forward to the day he finally gets used to human contact! I'll post more pictures and update this journal as things happen!

Tensi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3gw5434t said:
That last pic is wonderful but how did he get there? Looks like a good climb :lol: He is just so cute and funny. I might have liked that last pic most but the others were all great. It's wonderful to see him healthy & happy and socialized! Wonderful stuff!

He actually scaled the blinds! I heard a noise, and looked up and he was climbing the blinds like a ladder! Tensi's quite the climber :lol:

Tensi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
noelerhard":6rkxtep2 said:
I love the last pic! Cutest thing I've ever seen! :blob5:

Thanks! My roommates got a good laugh out of it :p

zandi202":6rkxtep2 said:
You have a game cube! That is awesome!
I love that last pic.

Thanks! And yes, I love game cube hehe :p

Tensi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's been a while since I updated!

Tensi is doing very well, and now that it's warming up, I've been taking him outside! He loves the sun, and running around in the grass!

He still really hates when I type on the computer, and is actually on my knee getting mad at me typing right now.. Oh Tensi :lol:

Tensi and my cat, Moo, have become best friends! They love to sit together outside. Tensi's becoming more and more socialized, and I can kiss him on his nose without him even blinking. He even licked me back once :lol:

Here are some photos!

tumblr_mmcimks5NT1qk3exyo1_1280.jpg

Tensi still loves climbing as much as ever

tumblr_mmcimks5NT1qk3exyo2_1280.jpg

Moo and Tensi!

tumblr_mmcimks5NT1qk3exyo3_1280.jpg

Basking away

tumblr_mmcimks5NT1qk3exyo4_1280.jpg

Friends!

tumblr_mmcimks5NT1qk3exyo5_1280.jpg

Moo likes to paw at Tensi, but he doesn't seem to mind

tumblr_mnu1jhL07D1qk3exyo1_500.jpg

A grumpy looking fire morph I met at a reptile exhibit! There were also corn snakes, and a huge anaconda!

tumblr_mnu1jhL07D1qk3exyo2_1280.jpg

Tensi watching me type and getting ready to throw a tantrum :p

tumblr_mnu1jhL07D1qk3exyo3_1280.jpg

Tensi hopes you have a good day!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Those pics are great, he sure likes the great outdoors! And isn't that fun that he and your cat get along, next thing you know, he'll be climbing your cat and snuggling for the warmth! Love those bright yellow rings around his eyes, too, he's just so handsome! Give him a hug for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom