The Tank w/ pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The custom tank is going very very well. I started it, and its looking great. It's 6ft tall, 4 feet long, 24in wide, and 18in tall (per tank). Theres some swinging doors on the front, a space to put the lights and so you cant see them, as well as a dark storage space to keep the Dubias, Crickets, Mealies, Supers, and pinkies soon. :D

The tank is on the top, and one on the bottom with a storage shelf right under the top tank. The third shelf is there for the heat lamp, cords, etc.

The tank while we were making the support beams for the top and bottom.

The doors on the top tank 8) We bought some hinges to put them on and were buying magnets to keep them both shut.

What color were staining it. :D Let me know how you like it!

Me and my dad are also going to be making custom fake rock backrounds for them too. My beardies are gonna love this. :mrgreen:

kbro

Hatchling Member
Looking really good. they will be very happy in that. keep us updated. i definately want to see the finished product.

UnstableReptile

Original Poster
kbro":rseps7w4 said:
Looking really good. they will be very happy in that. keep us updated. i definately want to see the finished product.

There is DEFINITELY before and after pictures haha, I will keep yall updated. :D

kbro

Hatchling Member
I would maybe do some other clasp or add a little hook to the doors too. I think a beardie could throw their weight around enough to pop the magnets open. Especially if they end up being a big guy. But it's looking awesome, love the dark stain.

UnstableReptile

Original Poster
kbro":lixcfpy0 said:
I would maybe do some other clasp or add a little hook to the doors too. I think a beardie could throw their weight around enough to pop the magnets open. Especially if they end up being a big guy. But it's looking awesome, love the dark stain.

Thanks (x With my boy Chaos he'll definitely find a way to escape. I just found out my dad ordered a clasp-type lock to put on the wood and were gonna be putting handles on the door to lift it.

kbro

Hatchling Member
That's good, yeah my big boy Loki would have been able to pop the magnets for sure. :D just thought I would mention that, you don't want any escapes.

UnstableReptile

Original Poster
kbro":t3tqg7s4 said:
That's good, yeah my big boy Loki would have been able to pop the magnets for sure. :D just thought I would mention that, you don't want any escapes.

Haha, My boiy Chaos is getting pretty big now. I just got these hornworms, and I started moving everything out of the shelves and need to make more room for the tank, so the second I take them out I wanted to look at them and see how big they all got. (which they all are big now.) so I look up in the tank and Chaos is sitting there stabbing his tongue at the glass trying to get worms that are over a foot away. :lol: Bearded Dragons make me laugh too much. (x

kbro

Hatchling Member
Lol, I know what you mean Loki always did that when I was preparing his food, he was a big boy but long not fat, 1/2" shy of 2 feet (there's a link to his memorial down below if you want to see pics). Bamm Bamm does it too, sometimes I'm afraid he will hurt himself. They are such great creatures with tons of personality I don't think I could ever live without one for long now. I was taking pictures the other day and I swear Pebbles was posing for me.

How's your project coming along? Is it still moving along good?

UnstableReptile

Original Poster
kbro":pezvv7ic said:
Lol, I know what you mean Loki always did that when I was preparing his food, he was a big boy but long not fat, 1/2" shy of 2 feet (there's a link to his memorial down below if you want to see pics). Bamm Bamm does it too, sometimes I'm afraid he will hurt himself. They are such great creatures with tons of personality I don't think I could ever live without one for long now. I was taking pictures the other day and I swear Pebbles was posing for me.

How's your project coming along? Is it still moving along good?

Yes, sir! My dad just was getting mad at me because he said I wasn't doing anything, but I'm trying to do quite a bit for it but he beats me to it. I tried making a custom backround and was taking my time with it, and I walk out in the garage and he has one done and he was putting stucco on it. But I told him to just not worry about it anymore and I'll finish it up for him. I barely was able to do anything with the project. He wouldn't let me cut any wood, nail anything together, put the doors on, put the plexiglass on, put the latches on, buy the lights or even cut the vent holes. It just kind of makes me mad that when he wont let me do any of this stuff, that he says I'm not helping him but I'll be right next to him waiting for orders. :banghead: :angry5:

UnstableReptile

Original Poster
kbro":2n5dv1y9 said:
Lol dads. He must like doing it though otherwise it would take longer to do.

he does. He's done so much its ready to be put in my room this weekend and we only started it 2 weeks ago. Lol :)

kbro

Hatchling Member
Well that's fast. Make sure you let it air out good until you can't smell anything anymore. Did you guys seal it good with polycrylic (i believe that's the one you want, check to make sure)? I did like three coats on my wood one inside to be safe, especially the floor. But I still use non-adhesive shelf liner and tile on top of that, don't want the cage ruined by water or something after all the work you guys did on it. The non-adhesive shelf liner underneath is a good way to further protect the wood, I've found the duck brand in solid colors doesn't really smell like some others.

UnstableReptile

Original Poster
kbro":ccbyw7qy said:
Well that's fast. Make sure you let it air out good until you can't smell anything anymore. Did you guys seal it good with polycrylic (i believe that's the one you want, check to make sure)? I did like three coats on my wood one inside to be safe, especially the floor. But I still use non-adhesive shelf liner and tile on top of that, don't want the cage ruined by water or something after all the work you guys did on it. The non-adhesive shelf liner underneath is a good way to further protect the wood, I've found the duck brand in solid colors doesn't really smell like some others.

Me and my dad bought a gallon of deck sealer, and a special roller for the paint. The deck sealer is a really thick kind of paint so it wont mess up or anything. And the special roller feels like mesh, making the paint really feel like rock. I didn't even think it would come out like that, but its awesome. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom