The Princess Woke Up (sorry, tons of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly

Gray-bearded Member
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
I could not believe it. After pretty much 6 months of beauty sleep, she woke up. It was pretty funny though. Glad that happened on the weekend. Saturday around lunch time, she turner around in her hide and I could see her sweet face, she held like that for little bit and then she stretched and came out with an "ok, i'm done sleeping, where's my food" attitude. It was so cute and funny. It felt like xmas to me :lol: I had to tell her next time she should give me an advanced notice so I can have food ready for her, but for this day, some dry food was good enough. Next day I bought silks and crickets, she would not stop eating, little piglet, lol. So much for the intro, I know u can't wait to see the princess.

This was her beautiful tail she let me see for 6 months. Thanks god there are weekly baths scheduled.
IMG_7378.jpg

When I took her hide before bath time, I saw this
IMG_7355-1.jpg

IMG_7367.jpg

Hi mom, arent u glad to see me? You say u dont recognize me? lol
IMG_7963.jpg

Full of energy, she's been going crazy. I had so much fun with her...she probably didnt, me pointing the camera at her so many times and laughing at her Excellency.
She decided she had to say hi to her best bud.
IMG_7966.jpg

had hard time to climb up
IMG_7970.jpg

as u can see, she has not shed a pound in this long process of brumating
IMG_7971.jpg

finally, she made it
IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7983.jpg

then she wanted to climb the wall, not sure what there 2 had in mind...an escape plan? :wink: :roll:
IMG_7987.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg

I had to make some videos, to spread the laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZna7TcN1fQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZna7TcN1fQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHVX-HPS1a8
oh my trying to escape is not easy, me tired now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXdHsBIzGGM 0:29...u think she was hungry? lol

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley1681.gif
OMG! She's awake!!!!!!

She sure was determined to get up on top of her box to say hello to her best friend - but even more determined to climb her viv wall.
I never knew beardies could pant . . . and boy was she panting in the last vid. Tongue out and all!

smiley1117.gif

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
So wait..Im kinda new to the Brumating thing....She slept for six months? but you woke her to bathe weekly?/..did you feed her also while awake? If you did, I guess she just went back to sleep for the rest of the day?

Can i have an example of what your day and routine with her was?? :mrgreen: pleeease

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Cheer! Welcome back to the land of the living Trixie!

I absolutely love the one of her sitting up all proud.
"You can adore me now kk?"

chancellor91

Juvie Member
thats very awsome she awoke, she is a beauty, but does she have MBD? i just wondering about her back sorry not trying to be mean

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Well good morning Trixie!!!
I missed seeing pics of her. Thanks for the Trixie fix!

Lilly

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi guys, thanks for looking and replies.

chancellor91: no problem, i get it a lot, ppl ask about her back. yes, it's broken due to an injury when she was a baby, no mbd. as u can see, she's a happy camper even with broken back.

mischa: doesnt your beardie try to climb the rocks? she did that when i first changed it to this background, it was funny.

jortiz9758: yes, Trixie The Sleeping Beauty slept for about 6 months. She never wanted any food, I just gave her Sunday baths for hydration. I'll look for the link where u can read all about brumation, it's a great essay.
My day routine? You mean now, when she's awake? Her light comes on at 6:30, I feed her around 7, cause I leave for work at 7:15. Now that she's all grown up, I give her crickets only every other day. She has greens and pellets there every day. Sometimes she eats them like wild and sometimes she only makes mess of it. I get home around 6, except when I'm at my part time job, once or twice a week, I get home at 8 or 9 and of course her light is off by that time (turns off at 7 I think). On the weekend she gets fresh silkworms or horn worm for a treat. I get to take her out and play with her, or let her run around, or set up a pillow for her to look out the window or when it's nice outside I take her to the park. Usually Sundays I give her a bath. Hope that answers your question ;-)

Goonie: beware, Trixie's up...don't let Pookie on the computer now lol

chancellor91

Juvie Member
ya thanks for the answers, and trixie is sexy =P but no she really kewl, and her back doesnt even seem to slow her down :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: again thanks very much and very nice plump lookin girl just how i like em`

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Lilly":350c7 said:
Goonie: beware, Trixie's up...don't let Pookie on the computer now lol
Thanks for reminding me. I had completely forgotten to show my little Pooks her new pics/vids. I'll have to show him when I get home tonight. :D

Lilly

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Jiffy: you'r welcome, glad we could help ;-))

chancellor91 & jortiz9758: u'r more then welcome

Gina: Say hi to Pookie from me, I love seeing his pictures. I know I haven't posted much lately, way too busy in life, but I do come over here and there, just to get my favourite beardies fix and he's one of them ;-))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom