The Popcorn and Tatty and Their Eggs Thread: Also new Babie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krythis

My female was about 3 yrs old and never laid eggs until I got a male, and they were all infertile. Was this just her coming of age or something to do with him around?

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Great question!!! My Xena is a rescue (we got her just before Christmas) -- she is 3-1/2 years old and the other owner said she had never laid eggs... but had also never laid eyes on a boy dragon. We've had a month of bobbin' and black beards and wavin' and orange beards... (so funny to watch!)

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think this would be a great survey question for this site. So far Tatty is still pregnant and no eggs are hatching. My two girls have always laid but have always had a male in view. I have a red-footed tortoise who is mature and she has never been around a male nor ever produced eggs. Socks is 10 yeaers old. Visual cues may be a big part of the stimulus. Both girls, however, are going into a full body shed at exactly the same time. They are very socials! animals!

Tatty :study: :study: :study:

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
January 27, 2009. The beardie slave just got back from a snowy drive to and from her GIS class and immediately went to the reptile room to check on her three little bundles. Cooper was curled up like a cat sleeping, Popcorn was going nuts from Tatty being in her lay bin, and Tatty was looking up at me as if to say “its false labor woman, I’m just testing you!” I keep telling myself she has done 30 day intervals to the letter, so its not quite time yet.

The unborn beardies are getting much more responsive to the light given off by the flashlight. I can see little legs moving and little tails whipping in response to the light beam. What an exciting time! I will have some more exciting pictures with more detail just a little later this week.

The Canton, Illinois Beardie Slave
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Its called watchful waiting. My girl Tat is so big you can see the outline of the eggs in her belly. She acts like she wants to lay but isn't quite ready. She wants me to take her out and snuggle. She know what she is doing. On the eggs, I will try to get some pics tonight. You can see motion. Tails whipping and little feet moving and stuff. I am counting down. No signs of sweating or deflation yet which they will do 24-48 hours prior to hatching. More updates to come. :blob5: :blob8:

Tat

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
when you took pictures of the embryos, i saw the first picture: the ones she laid on nov. 30 did you take that picture and post it the same day? i just candled my eggs tonight and i did it when they were 2 weeks old and they kind of look the same. from what i can tell they have been growing in size. none of them deflated or anything. i have them set at 84. she laid them on dec 18 shouldn't i be able to see a little more of them by now?

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I posted mine the same day. You won't see a big change until at least 6 weeks. My little Tatty is skinny again. :|

Tat's Slave

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
it's already been 6 weeks. i guess i will just let them go for now. how long should i leave them in the incu. until i need to pull them if they didn't make it?

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dakotachristy:

If your eggs look anything like mine, PLEASE don’t pull them! Never pull an egg until it collapses, has mold, and smells. Otherwise you may be terminating the life of a very tiny beardie. Beardie eggs can take in extreme cases, nearly 3 months to hatch. Please don’t pull them yet.
Tatty

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
i wasn't going to pull them for a couple of months yet. the other day the temp in the inc. did hit about 92. my cousin's kid was over and my mom wasn't watching him and i think he messed with the temp. we weren't home yet. they have this problem of showing up without calling. my mom said that the kid was wondering around in the kitchen which is where i had the eggs. i could have beat the little bugger. i hope it didn't kill them. i tried to get them to cool down and reset the inc. as fast as i could. it took me almost 2 days to get it back to temp. everytime his kids come over one of my animals dies. i swear they have the touch of death.
the 2 times they came over 2 of my ferrets died. i kept telling them not to mess with them but they didn't listen and my cousin doesn't conrtol them very well. i am afraid to have a birthday party for my son's 1st year because i am scared they are going to kill one of my dragons. he's got 4 kids ranging in age from 8 or 9 to 16. none of them listen. i wish i could put my dragons in a room and lock the door but no such luck in my house. Now i have the eggs in a closet hidden from everyone. right now it's kind of hard to find a place to put them because i have a 2 year old that likes to mess with things so i have to make sure that i put the eggs where she can't get them also. i know she didn't mess with them because she can't get to the counter where i had them. i was checking the temp. a lot and it was reading 84 until they day the cousin was over. Little brats. Then he is asking me to give him a baby for his kids. why so they can kill it and not take care of it. I don't think so. sorry i just had to vent. i hope they make it.

rkdkp

Question...

There are lots of opinions on here that you shouldn't house male and female dragons together to avoid the possibility of overbreeding. Here is my dilemma.... I have 3 viv's that each have 1 female and 1 male in them.

I can't get them to breed for the life of me. I have taken them out and put them on the floor, left them in their viv's, etc....

I am wondering if they sense the winter season and they aren't mating because of it, but none are brumating, they are all normal, they are always kept at the same day/night temps...

I have tried to find some info on this with no luck...

Thanks for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom