The Popcorn and Tatty and Their Eggs Thread: Also new Babie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009. I wish all the members of beardeddragon.org a joyous easter today. May the joy of our risen savior give everyone hope and peace for the coming year and future. We have so much to be thankful for. Captain Phillips recent release, our own families, and the privilege we have of living in America. I am sending a couple long awaited pictures. The first is of precious baby #22 who is doing great. I am saving her for a very special person so that when she is ready, I can ship baby #22 to a loving home where she will be a welcome family member.

As you can tell from the picture, she is a graceful little lady who will eat veggies, crickets, repcal bearded dragon pellets, and phoenix worms with relish. She has delicate refined features and her colors are subtle shades of tan and orange with a light pattern on the back. She is a tiny miracle.

Also, Tatty’s third clutch of babies started to hatch today on easter Sunday. They want to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection also. I have photographed the first three to emerge. They are the biggest babies I have ever had hatch in my life! They look like they are a week old already! More to come!

Have a blessed Easter!
Baby22-3.jpg

IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114 :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Tatty
HappyEaster.jpg

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The big dark baby is over 4 inches long! I have never had such big fat babies hatch before. Really amazing!

Tatty :D

rin0425

Hatchling Member
Hi Tatty! I just wanted to say how beautiful those babies are! My girl wanda is expecting in about 3 weeks, her second clutch...the first didnt go too well, I lost all of the eggs when my house was robbed and they knocked over the incubator. But i can feel the eggs in her belly already! I couldnt be happier and more excited. It was so heartbreaking and now everything is going according to plan.
I love #22...shes so pretty. If you havnt found a home yet, I would definately be interested if not in another one of your beauties! I would like to add some color and variety into my beardie group, and I would love to get one that I know was raised with TLC. I live in milwaukee which isnt too far from you i dont think. Anyway, CONGRATS! Hope all continues to go well
Aaron

rin0425

Hatchling Member
Hi Tatty! I just wanted to say how beautiful those babies are! My girl wanda is expecting in about 3 weeks, her second clutch...the first didnt go too well, I lost all of the eggs when my house was robbed and they knocked over the incubator. But i can feel the eggs in her belly already! I couldnt be happier and more excited. It was so heartbreaking and now everything is going according to plan.
I love #22...shes so pretty. If you havnt found a home yet, I would definately be interested if not in another one of your beauties! I would like to add some color and variety into my beardie group, and I would love to get one that I know was raised with TLC. I live in milwaukee which isnt too far from you i dont think. Anyway, CONGRATS! Hope all continues to go well
Aaron

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Aaron! I have five beauties out of their eggs now with two more getting close to hatching. This group of babies will be a robust and large group. I have some german giant blood in the genes. The babies turn out slightly orangey as they age. This clutch looks like a real joy! Milwaukee is within driving distance if you are interested. I sell my babies for $25.00 each. I have a dear person in Manchester, TN who is interested in number 22. They have had her on their prayer list for a while. Money is tight for her as well as me and if I could afford to ship it without any payment I would. Unfortunately, finances have been hard for me and we have had some bad luck so I watch every penny. She is currently working on a craft projects (a stained glass dragon mosaic to pay for shipping). In my heart, I am committed to see that they get this sweet female. I just need a lesson in shipping. It looks like I will have to ship to a neighborhood pet store in their area or Fed Ex won’t take it. In this day and age, I don’t understand why people are so paranoid of a sweet baby beardie. I could lie to fed-ex and usps and get them to take it easily, but I am a Christian and won’t do that. Could any of you out their give me some tips and ideas as to how to get a baby from Canton, Illinois to Manchester TN to make a family happy?

Tatty
:D

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, how sweet for you to go to all this trouble. :D Your kind words are uplifting right now. :love10:
I don't understand the shipping thing though. Others get their dragons delivered to their doors. Is it Tn with the prob, or UPS?

Those new babies are soooo big. :shock: Yet still so tiny! :love5: The kids were excited to see them.

Sandy H

rin0425

Hatchling Member
In my experience with ordering fish and stories of clients (im a vet tech) at work, I have heard of shipping UPS Next day air. Im not sure exactly what the charge is or how it exactly works but usually you have to ship on a monday or tuesday. Also youmay want to talk to an airline or two because i know you can ship cats and dogs and things that way, the person just has to pick the pet up at the airport. Check it out, there has to be a way!!
Ill keep checking in with you about other dragon babies...I probably wont want to get one until all of my soon to be eggs have hatched and I've picked the one im keeping. Ill be looking for a very nice looking lizard to expand my family and I want to work on breeding some beautifully colored babies in the future. Congrats on these new guys!!
Aaron

P.S. here are my expecting parents. Cosmo is the male, he had an injury a few years ago to his arm...thats how I got him. Wanda is my momma, you can see her with my kitty in the other pic. Im pretty sure she'll have laid by the end of this week!!

P3290253.jpg

P4110269.jpg

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They are beautiful adult dragons Aaron! I now have 7 bouncy babies out of the egg!

rin0425

Hatchling Member
Yay! 7 in 1 day thats awesome! So do you move them to the empty tupperware as soon as you see them breaking out of the egg? Im worried that if they hatch in the incubator that they might hurt their yolk on the grate...so im interested in any suggestions to be prepared! Oh yeah, and i can fel the eggs and it seems like they are doubling in size every 12 hours...its only been 14 days since they mated...how long do you think itll be before she lays? I put the lay box in already just in case...anyway, good luck tomorrow!! Post mor pics too!

Aaron

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I move them in the tupperware as soon as I see them breaking through the egg. Also, I predict your girl will lay within two weeks of being able to feel the eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom