The most disgusting thing ever from my beardie!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittraff

I was giving my beardie a bath and he happened to poop in it which he does all the time. So i was removing him from the bath and his tail hit his poop and it burst open and out came like 100 cricket heads along with poop particles. Im not kidding, inside of it was completely undigested cricket heads with their eyes and everything i actually puked.

IS THIS NORMAL???

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
What are your basking temps like? What kind of UVB are you using? He shouldn't be pooping out much in the way of undigested insects.

Brittraff

Original Poster
What grossed me out the most was the only undigested parts were their damn heads. Also hes got a reptiglo UVB and his temps are about 100 i dont know why it was like that i was hoping somebody had seen a similar thing?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
As XiDiS asked, what kind of thermometer are you using? ReptiGlo brand is also insufficient for UVB. Is it coil or tube? What you need is a ReptiSUN 10.0 TUBE UVB, mounted inside the tank. How old is he?

Brittraff

Original Poster
About 100 as in it changes sometimes throughout the day, were just coming out of winter but weve had some really random cold days. (i live in Canada). I use a digital infrared thermometer.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
How old is he? You should replace the ReptiGlo with a ReptiSun still, but it's good that it's a tube at least.

Brittraff

Original Poster
He is still juvenile, i got him in a frail state from a pet store about 9 months ago, i had no idea of his age because they barely fed their dragons so that they wouldn't grow, so he could have been a few months old to a few weeks when i got him.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I honestly wouldn't wait that long on the UVB - the ReptiGlo is very much insufficient and could cause a calcium problem, and the tubes have still been associated with eye problems and low energy levels. Also, if he is a juvie, you should up the temps a little bit, more towards 105F at his age. That should help him with digesting the crickets better.

Brittraff

Original Poster
daner923":1np06e65 said:
I honestly wouldn't wait that long on the UVB - the ReptiGlo is very much insufficient and could cause a calcium problem, and the tubes have still been associated with eye problems and low energy levels. Also, if he is a juvie, you should up the temps a little bit, more towards 105F at his age. That should help him with digesting the crickets better.

Oh okay. ill check it out and see if the pet store carries them. If not ill probably be waiting a few weeks for delivery :/ For upping his temperature, should i buy a new bulb? or raise his basking spot or something?

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
Hello, petmountain.com is a good site to get the reptisun 10.0 tube for a discounted price. I got mine for $20something and I've seen them in pet stores priced at up to $50! Either way, I hope you get your new UVB soon :)

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yes, you can raise his basking spot. He should be no closer than 6 inches to the UVB, though. 6-8 inches is recommended. If you can possibly afford it, I would suggest switching to the ReptiSUN 10 tube as soon as you can. It takes a week or less from Pet Mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom