The Intriguing Life of SHELDON! *SUPER HAPPY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello kind people, if you haven't read my intro post here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=174583

I thought I'd make an actual post dedicated to my precious little guy! I have tons of pics (just from today!) that I hope to upload by tomorrow.
Gah! I want to hold him so bad, but I must let him adjust. :roll:

Has anyone else had this problem? :banghead:

Beckyfireflies

Original Poster
really, Nim didnt like it? You should post pictures of the bed after you're done, it's a cute idea!
And I know, I love reading all about other peoples bearded dragons!
I thought I was the only person who could be so obsessed about a furless reptile! hahaha :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Beckyfireflies":24crz6d8 said:
really, Nim didnt like it? You should post pictures of the bed after you're done, it's a cute idea!
And I know, I love reading all about other peoples bearded dragons!
I thought I was the only person who could be so obsessed about a furless reptile! hahaha :D

If not liking it means puffing out the beard and opening the jaw, then yes, he hated it. I've always been crazy about furless creatures, like frogs, lizards, snakes, insects and arachnids. And our feathered friends the birds! :D Yeah, I will post pics of the bed. Already have the fabric and everything! I've just got to make it. :D

Beckyfireflies

Original Poster
So as I found out, Sheldon wakes up early. 7:30 early. So this morning I woke up early to turn on his lights and saw that he was awake! And knowing the today marks the first day I am able to hold him, I baby proofed my room. I then proceeded to scoop him up and set him on my shirt.

OH MY GOSH. He is adorable! I was petting him a little and instantly the stress marks were gone! He glass danced at my rosy boa's cage. Then he snuggled with my finger, wouldn't let go even when I put him on my shirt! Now he is exploring my hair, cuddliest little guy ever!

Im uploading pictures soon! :D

Beckyfireflies

Original Poster
So I gave Sheldon a bath yesterday! He did not enjoy it. I tried a slightly larger size of crickets (still smaller than the space between his eyes) and he ate some of those. But he is shedding so that is probably why he isn't eating that much. He fell asleep on me yesterday, he wouldn't fall asleep so I took him out and cuddled with him. Whenever I take him out his stress marks go away! Here are some pictures from my IPod.

Beardie burrito! He enjoyed this part of his bath!
268e3d10.jpg

Ooh, I like this leaf!
838c567b.jpg

Here he is asleep on me, it was dark and I didn't want to wake him.
dc99493d.jpg

After he fell asleep on me I put him under his blanket and he stayed there! Didn't take a picture of that :(

Beckyfireflies

Original Poster
Eep!!!! He ate his greens!!!! I left a plate of collared greens, endives, grapes, tomatoes, and strawberries and he ate it! I ran upstairs to get something and saw him eating endives! When he saw me he stopped though. He ate barely any by the look of his plate, but he ate it!

One by one he seems to be easing my worries. He now poops regularly, eats his crickets, is shedding, and now eats his green!

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Beardiesforthewin72":28nv9pto said:
He's a cuty but tomatoes are not good for beardies there actually toxic make sure you don't give anymore I would hate to see you lose such a cuty!

I read on the beautiful dragons website that you could feed tomatoes but only rarely!I think the plant is toxic though.

Beckyfireflies

Original Poster
NEROtheMONSTER":2109w2pt said:
Beardiesforthewin72":2109w2pt said:
He's a cuty but tomatoes are not good for beardies there actually toxic make sure you don't give anymore I would hate to see you lose such a cuty!

I read on the beautiful dragons website that you could feed tomatoes but only rarely!I think the plant is toxic though.

Better safe than sorry, I have plenty of other veggies for him. :)

Beckyfireflies

Original Poster
Hello all! Sheldon has been doing great! He eats all his crickets and *some of* his salad. He shed with me! First shed! He has such pretty yellows, reds, oranges, and browns on him. Still trying to get a picture that actually shows off his colors. I have been letting him get used to being held, he has been doing well. He will just sit on my shoulder while I do the dishes or watch tv, and later in the day I let him wander around my room. My mom finds it hilarious that he is the best pet I've had! And now, pictures!

Chillin on a pillow in the sunlight
03167B54-E6C4-4928-B897-13929244D951-3947-000002CB8FF71F10.jpg

Watching my sis play on her DSi
3A1EE06A-2F30-4E3C-8D04-C7FDC349F2E6-3947-000002CB98F70653.jpg

And taking a bath! Although he looks fine in this picture, he hates baths with a passion. On a completely unrelated note, look at his tail! Adorable!
49BD98AB-2E44-40B7-94AE-260F954965E2-3947-000002CBA3209A6B.jpg

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
Beckyfireflies":3v0qbnv5 said:
Gah! I want to hold him so bad, but I must let him adjust. :roll:

Has anyone else had this problem? :banghead:

YES!!! The first day was brutal for me because I couldn't hold her or cuddle with her!!!

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Nim never went through relocation stress. But the first three days I was too busy having panic attacks to notice that I couldn't hold him. :lol: What I did do though was think about all the wonderful times we'll have together. :D I still do that. And back then he was only five and half or six inches long! :) Now he is slightly longer than ten inches. He is still too small to walk him like a dog. Oh, but I can just see the looks people will give me! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom