The hard stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLucas976

I use a cheese grater and grate all the vegetables, they prefer their veggies grated and not in small pieces or chunks.

In our local grocer, Collard Greens and Kale are considered the same thing, and are in the same spot. Not that I can get my Balinor to touch it, its not lettuce-ie enough, can you get endive or escarole?

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
I use a potato peeler for getting the skin off the squashes ..works like a charm! I usually cut a wheel off the squash (saving the bigger part) and then just shred that wheel (maybe 1/2 inch thick). That part that I shred usually will make up 3 feedings worth of squash.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
CLucas976":1pbtsuk9 said:
In our local grocer, Collard Greens and Kale are considered the same thing, and are in the same spot. Not that I can get my Balinor to touch it, its not lettuce-ie enough, can you get endive or escarole?

Endives and escaroles are good, too, although not as nutritious as the collard, mustard, and dandelion. Some of the hard veggies are more nutritious than the leafy green veggies. Beans in the edible pods (like green beans, snow peas, and other varieties), parsnips, turnips, asparagus...any of those recommended in the food chart are great additions. Just mix them in with the greens. These hard veggies also have far more needed roughage than the leafy greens.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
well thats good to know, Gizmo will only eat squash, and its taken 4 years to get this far! she wont even entertain the thought of any other veggies, just her butternut squash! I suppose something is better than nothing!

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Squash is like a natural laxative....any other orange color veggies, too...but squash works the best for this purpose. Doesn't it cause diarrhea?

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CLucas976":2eo1oq2l said:
I use a cheese grater and grate all the vegetables, they prefer their veggies grated and not in small pieces or chunks.

i have never even heard of endive or escarloe. i will have a look. my boy loves Kale. i grate everything with a cheese grater exept for leafy greens and green beans which i chop with scissors and red pepper i chop with a sharp knife

PepNYC

Yo Reeferman. You need to come down south here in the carolinas. We got all the collard and mustard greens your little BD can handle. I'm from up north myself but I have to admit, if those collard greens are prepared just right....MMMmmmmmMmmmmm Good!!! Me and my BD will be sitting at the table enjoying some fine collards for dinner. :D

Reeferman20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PepNYC":1l4v16cf said:
Yo Reeferman. You need to come down south here in the carolinas. We got all the collard and mustard greens your little BD can handle. I'm from up north myself but I have to admit, if those collard greens are prepared just right....MMMmmmmmMmmmmm Good!!! Me and my BD will be sitting at the table enjoying some fine collards for dinner. :D
Would I be right in thinking your in the usa??

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
CLucas976":2azxw6fa said:

You should always try adding different varieties of veggies to the salad, so she doesn't eat the same thing to ensure she is getting enough nutrients. Use the recommend veggies as the base and then every couple weeks add other veggies into the mix for several days. This way she won't get the full dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom