The fat cat and the bold dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of the battle between the cat and the dragon. I have a 2 year old, 25 pound cat Bubbies who has a whole lot of attitude and does not except other animals on her turf. I have seen her attack everything from a full grown Husky to a male barn cat, and she has always won. So no surprise that I was worried when I first got my Bearded Dragon Grievous.
They began by mocking one another through the terrarium glass, Grievous would puff out his beard and bob his head up and down and the cat would puff up her tail and hiss. Sometimes they would do this for hours. I had always made sure to keep them safely apart from one another, but once Grievous was much larger I decided that I could take a little less caution.
This is when the battle really started. I was sitting on the bed playing Xbox and Grievous was sitting on my shoulder like he usually does, when the cat jumped up and decided to lay at my feet. Then to my great surprise Grievous ran all the way down and bit Bubbies right on the nose. The cat seemed surprised, and slightly frightened. I never thought that my little lizard would be the first animal to defeat my cat.
The battle continued on like this, until just the other day. Grievous was sitting on my lap while I was watching TV and when Bubbies jumped up to sit next to me Grievous laid down on top of her and they gave one another a quick lick and have been friends since. It’s amazing sometimes the silly things that animals do.

Oh my gosh! that's an awesome story! I can't believe your beardie was the first one to initiate the attacks. lol I'm glad there is now peace in your home between your animals :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom