The Dragon has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

raegsmith

My son and I finally took the final step and brought the bearded dragon home today. Placed him in his new enclosure and offered him some green veggies. After a little exploring he gave them a taste for a couple of minutes before deciding to run around some more. He appears very active after just a few minutes. My wife approached the cage to get a closer look and he quickly gave her an up close and personal pose.

Check our 'Caesar' at his own page.

https://www.facebook.com/BeardedDragonCaesar

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Congratulations ! He sure is a sweet looking baby ! Looks like you have a very nice set up, he will probably be very restless at first, trying to figure out where he is. You will be amused by his antics I'm sure. Be sure to feed him only small insects,[ the size of the space between his eyes] you want to be careful he doesn't become impacted. I hope all goes well + he lives a healthy + happy life. :)

raegsmith

Original Poster
First night home he ate a couple of pieces of carrot that I put in with some chopped mixed greens. He also ate two baby dubia roaches that I have been raising for several months now. I fed him the bugs outside his terrerium in a separate bin. I just think if I put the baby dubia in the terrerium he will not be able to find them. Does anyone see a problem with feeding him this way?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a good way to feed him if he's comfortable [ in a separate bin ], lots of paople do that. By the way, please avoid carrots, they can be very hard for a tiny baby to digest, and are not really a best veggie to feed. Try yellow squash, finely grated [ babies have very little jaw strength to chew ] along with small pieces of turnip, mustard, collard greens, and you have to avoid tough pieces [ like collards ] and be sure there are no stems. But it's good to hear that he's eating some already !

raegsmith

Original Poster
Baby Caesar update:

After a good first night sleep (at least it seemed that way, he was in the same position under a ledge of a rock everytime I checked on him) and a morning warm up he ate 15 baby dubia. I've read on this site the amount that a baby can eat, but you just don't realize it until you see it. He wouldn't chase the roaches down himself, but he seemed to really enjoy being hand fed by my son. He doesn't seem much interested in the green veggies yet.

https://www.facebook.com/BeardedDragonCaesar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom