The distance we'll go for our beardies! (Shipping nightmare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelore

Juvie Member
Opening their mouth is fine, it's called gaping and helps regulate their body temps. It worried me the first time too. XD

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ahh yeah I just knew with my iguana it was usually a bad thing, but she did just get a small soak before that. Just making sure! She'd already been through so much I didn't want to screw up ><

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Awww look at those little stress marks from relocation :lol: Brings back thoughts of when I got Harley. Such a little cutie. I wouldn't worry about the gaping. Harley does it a lot under her hot spot and I've varied it from 105-115. Just don't let it go to 120+. They will move when they get too hot or they will be lazy and just stay there and gape till they have to move. :p Nice that she chowed down right away. Harley was a picky eater for about 4 days, then slowly ate more and more. Good luck and glad she is ok.

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's only when I plug the basking light into the timer I plug my UV light into that it reaches temps above 110. Guess I'll have to plug it back into the thermostat and just keep manually turning the light on and off. Granted her cool side is at 78 so she can move over if need be :) She hasn't showed much interest in the little rock cave (one where it's got a magnet to it and you can pull it off on the outside and see the lizard on the inside) Last night she slept in almost a standing position against the glass lol. I eventually do want to get some styrofoam and do the grout technique.

Her stress marks were calming down to a light grey but now that my cat has decided to play and run around (which Daenerys is watching) she's gotten back to black :p I've seen pics online of cats laying with beardies, obviously she's way too small now, but how do your cats and dogs act around your beardies? Sookie (our cat) always tries to climb in my iguana cage when I have the door open, although in that case I'm more worried about the cat getting hurt.

icelore

Juvie Member
Both my dogs love, love LOVE all small things in cages. lol But they are both herding dogs and infinitely interested in things. They cry when the beardie is out and they can't see him or get near him. Of course, if they are on the couch and Ridley runs across them like a speed bump, they bolt and act like it's the apocalypse. XD

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lol! I'm sure that's pretty funny! I'll just have to be extra cautious when the time comes because Sookie is a little hunter. She never seems to have much interest when we're handling our Crested geckos but then again I'm not sure she realizes that we're holding a live animal. We'll just spray her if she gets too aggressive :)

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
Original Poster
After being contacted by another board member who is dealing with the same issue with the same breeder as mine I decided to email him.

I received a bearded dragon from you on Friday, well let's say I was suppose to receive it on Thursday but didn't meet the deadline wednesday and might not get it till Friday. I understood that. I even called into work because I didn't receive it Thursday. So waiting all day Friday when it's suppose to be guaranteed by 3pm. 3pm comes, no dragon! I have them investigate it and it's still 2.5 hours away from me! Won't get to carbondale until 10pm so I wouldn't get called till 2am.. Needless to say I called you to tell you I was driving that 2.5 hour drive to pick up my lizard. (Never got a response back) Luckily she was alive and might I add very hungry when I got her. I shrugged it off taking partial blame with it being over the time wed. UNTIL I saw you marked it 2nd day and 3pm not overnight... and why not noon? I'm writing you only because I now had another person contact me who recently purchased a beardie from you and is going through the SAME thing! You say you have 12 years experience? Why use the USPS if you can't guarantee the reptile will be there the next day? That's just cruel to the baby lizard and to the person expecting! People will PAY the extra cost for UPS or FedEx as long as they're guaranteed they will receive their reptile. No one should have to go through the stress myself and this other person has gone through, especially from someone who claims they've done it for 12 years. I can only thank you that I have a beautiful healthy little bearded dragon, but I will also say I will never do business with you again nor recommend anyone to you. I will give word of mouth on how horrible your shipping is. I really hope you do something to fix this issue.

Jess

Randy responded,
We are truly sorry to here you are disappointed. As we spoke on June 19, 2013 while I was at the Post Office I called you and said they were telling me that they wouldn't guarantee next day and you said go ahead and ship. Please take into consideration I didn't mark the package 2nd day, I nor anyone that works for Bearded Dragon Central would ever do that, the post woman did that after I turned the box over to her. Well needless to say there was a big problem with the carrier we choose to ship your Bearded Dragon. We defiantly understand how mad you must of been. We did send you a refund of the shipping fee we paid that was refunded back to us. Once again we would like to thank you for ordering a Bearded Dragon from us and were sorry the shipping side of things was a failure. We are happy to here the Beardie is doing good and would like you to know letting us know about your complaint is important and we are going to look in to working with a new shipping company.

Thank you again, Bearded Dragon Central Staff

I'm just glad to hear they plan to change their ways so that no one else has to endure the stress myself or my beardie had to endure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom