The daylight heat bulb exploded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbkels

It was a Exo Terra Sun Glo 120 Volt 60 Hz and 150 Watt day bulb that seems to have melted and popped out of the lamp? I am assuming I used the wrong voltage or wattage for the lamp fixture. There is no indication on the lamp itself as to the recommended wattage, however I found the bulb displayed next to the lamp fixture in the store, and presumed they would work together. Can anyone recommend a day bulb that perchance won't explode? Here are the images of the bulb and lamp
http://imgur.com/a/hevmw

PS There are no broken glass bits in my beardies tank, I was in the process of changing out her mat when it happened, so there is currently glass on the floor :T better my feet than hers!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That happens sometimes. They are pretty fragile and if you get oil from your hands on them or move them around much they can just burst. It's also possible that the fixture is faulty or couldn't handle the wattage of the bulb. Do you have a UVB light as well or are you looking for a combination bulb? For a straight basking bulb I like the ZooMed Repti Basking Spot lamps. They can go into a ceramic base fixture that matches the wattage. You can also use a PAR38 halogen flood light from the hardware store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom