the circus that is the post office

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
ok, so here is my rant for the day. we ordered some silkies and horn worms from mulberry on sunday night to make the monday shipping time. they shipped out monday, now i live in texas and have had a lot of experience with USPS priority mail and their shipping times. nothing ever takes more than 2 days to get here. usps delivery conf. said that expected delivery date was yesterday, we went, they said it wasn't there, the flunkie behind the counter gave us a ton of attitude, then blew us off. we spoke to the branch manager about this issue and she said she would keep an eye out for the package, it never came. so come today, we were out running some early morning errands and stopped into the post office. here is the chain of events that unfolded

1. go in ask if my package is there
2. flunkie behind the counter said that it wasnt there (after not even looking) she used the tracking number (and did the same thing i can do from home) and said that the package has not even left austin yet, she said that it goes from austin to waco then to here, in all my experience with priority mail, i know that the package goes from austin to here, not from austin then another 1-2 hours out of the way to waco, then another 2-3 hours to my town. the logistics of the whole thing just fail.
3. we asked her to check in the back, or in the supervisors office for it, because it has a hold and call on it cause of the heat
4. she insists it's not there cause that's not "standard procedure" even tho that is where my mulberry package was last time.
5. we leave pissed off
6. i come home and call to talk to the supervisor (had my kids with me earlier and didnt wanna make a scene)
7. after talking to the manager of that branch i find out OH HEY IT'S RIGHT HERE! what the crap is that nonsence.
8. now we have to go back to the office after coming home cause some flunkie didnt wanna do their job while we were there the first time.

so help me god if my worms are dead. im gonna lose it.

every time we have had to orderr food online for our BD we get a runaround from the post office, once they put it on a truck even tho the box said not too, and if not that, it's just lost in post office limbo. im tempted to ask for signature confirmation whenever i order something so they have to bring it to my door instead of trying to leave it in my mailbox.

i really can't wait till i can get this dubia colony started. then i can stop dealing with the post office and their nonsense.

sorry just had to vent. i hatemy post office, and i hate the people that work there, i should get a job there so i can sit on my butt and do nothing all day and not have to fear getting fired.

:banghead:

I totally understand. We've never had a package marked "hold and call" actually held at the post office....it's always been delivered to our mailbox. The first time this happened it killed all of our worms because we weren't home to get the package and they baked.

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Wow, that must have sucked. I have never gone to the post office and anytime my parents do, they always come back Tired and very annoyed :p Usually anytime I'm expecting a package, I get it at my door step or if it's small enough; in the mail box.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
so after going to pick up the package, we talked to the branch manager, she asked if it was gonna be a regular thing, told her pretty much every wednesday keep an eye out. she said she would and she would personaly hold it for us, so that's one good thing.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
I'll join in on the rant.

Last month, I had a shipment of dubias delivered to Houston (since you're from Texas you know the heat) to my work address. The package was shipped on a Monday, and on that same Monday, I called my local post office and asked them to hold the package for me, since I didn't want it to be sitting in a hot car or the mailbox all day. They took down my name, address, and assured me that they would call me when the package arrived and I could pick it up. I expected the package Wednesday, and had been checking online for its progress. All day, the online status said that it was waiting in a processing facility an hour away from my local post office. I started to get antsy around 2 pm, when nothing on the status had changed saying that it had arrived at my local PO, so I called the post office. They said they didn't have it on hold that day and that it had either gone out for shipment or it hadn't arrived at their location yet. So I ended up checking the mailbox (outside and about a 5 minute walk away from the building) every 30 minutes, hoping that the roaches wouldn't sit in our mailbox for too long. They ended up being delivered at 4 pm, the hottest part of the day. Upon opening the package, half of the 1/4" nymphs were dead, along with most of the adult males for some reason. The rest had made it, I was relieved to see. And, the online status didn't change to even reflect that it had been received at my local PO until around 5:30 that night.

I understand that they have a lot of shipments to go through, and scan. But why even bother taking my information if they couldn't watch for it, and why does their online system suck so much. All they had to do was scan the package, I had thought, for the online status to change.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i was told when my order of reptiworms got killed that just cause the box says hold and call doesnt mean they will. basicly it is up to whatever person is doing the sorting wether or not he decides he wants to hold it and have you called, other than that they just throw it on the truck.

weird!!! cause I ordered from mulberry farms on Sunday and the order was shipped Monday and I got it yesterday. the postal worker called at 9 am and i went in and got it, no problems I also live in Texas (Houston)... so I was really worried about the heat but i know my postal carrier and she was the one to call me so maybe that's why i actually got the call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom