The Chirp is Too Much

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is fairly strait forward, I have one bearded dragon and I feed her 30 crickets every other day (usual 15 crickets a day usually powdered and always gut loaded) then a mix of commercial rep-cal juvi food, collard greens, mustard greens, squash, some green beans, some snap peas, escarole, and endive (mixing up the greens at random, and the collard/mustard are frozen). She is currently 8 months old and fairly close to 12 inches long, is there any way I can switch her off of insects? It is fairly costly and I am fairly sick of the stench and noise as well. If I cannot switch her off insects for what ever reason, is there a better (CHEAPER) alternative?

Also, my girl friend has recently considered a bearded dragon herself, but hates crickets with a passion (for what ever reason), is there a way we can just get them use to commercial food that will meet their needs?

noella5088

Juvie Member
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/

There are worms you can buy, but commercial foods don't offer a lot of nutrients and protein a bearded dragon needs. They require live foods. Reptiworms, phoenix worms, hornworms, silkworms, roaches-have to be dubia.

Not to give: Mealworms.

Snacks: Butterworms, superworms, waxworms. These shouldn't be used as a primary food source.

Switch from frozen collards and turnips to fresh. Frozen offers very little nutrients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom