The Cage is a Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsMommy

I've had my bearded dragon for almost a year in January. For the past two weeks I've come home to her cage being a complete mess on her account. She has food from her bowl everywhere in the tank and she has the carpet in her tank all messed up and pushed to the side. I googled and search the website to try and figure out why she is doing this but couldnt figure it out. Please help! I have to clean her tank everyday now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it may be that she's digging to look for a spot to brumate, or it may be that she has eggs to lay. Does she look heavier than usual ? Although this isn't always an indicator , if she is chubbier it may be what's going on.

DragonsMommy

Original Poster
Should I Buy sand??
AHBD":1rhqdcq3 said:
Hi there....it may be that she's digging to look for a spot to brumate, or it may be that she has eggs to lay. Does she look heavier than usual ? Although this isn't always an indicator , if she is chubbier it may be what's going on.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you want to be prepared you could make a lay box for her....if you go the breeding forum there are instructions at the top of the page , a thread called " what to do if your dragon lays eggs" Keep in mind that it could be just a crazy phase of extra activity, but if you have the lay box ready you can put her in + see if she starts digging a tunnel.

dom02

Mine does something like that when he's shedding, and other times randomly. I'll get home from work and his food dishes are flipped upside down, veggies all over, bark from his logs all over. His hammocks knocked over etc.

I got curious what he could be doing and I set up a Raspberry Pi camera and put it inside his tank so I could view it from work.

Pretty much around 10am he would just start running around his tank doing laps. He's shedding he seems to make more of a mess, but he does something similar most days. Usually around 10am too, give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom