The Big Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":c1sgkga1 said:
Hello,

If you need to test, I have a site that supports testing & I send all tests through the Research Associates Lab in Dallas, TX.
Here is my site:

http://www.thepats.info

What was the setting on the TENS unit for the lowest one?
I am glad that he is doing ok, but I am sure he is very tired after such a horrible ordeal.
I would say that he definitely deserves several treats for sure!

Tracie

I own a 3000 Analog TENS Unit. I'm not sure what the voltages are exactly.. I'm not good with stuff like that. I only know what the dials say. I set everything to the lowest as indicated by the numbers on the dials. This may help if you understand any of this (I know I don't) http://www.tensunits.com/product/DT3002.html

And after looking up symptoms of the adeno disease, it doesn't seem to fit. He hasn't lost weight, he just never gained or grew. He's not depressed.. acting like a normal beardie. He's having normal, solid poops. And there's no sign of weakness, he can climb anything in the tank and does so often.. so I think it's just that he might be a runt that wasn't given proper nutrition, heat or UVB.

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Weight gain guys! After a regular diet for a few weeks, Mustard (as I'd like to call the new one) is gaining weight! I'm so proud to announce little Mustard now weighs 30 grams!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's excellent news! 30g is a big jump from 12. Hopefully this is a sign that things are heading in the right direction =)

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3rl8htrq said:
That's excellent news! 30g is a big jump from 12. Hopefully this is a sign that things are heading in the right direction =)

Mustard seems so much happier. Eating at her own pace and enjoying basking in the big tank. I housed Honey and Mustard together one day as I was cleaning the little tank and they got along great so I just decided to leave her there. They both arm wave at each other so they're both submissive which is excellent. No food aggression either. It's neat to see them interact. Honey is so gentle around Mustard, even moves over to let her eat salad or bugs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is perfect, thanks for the link to the TENS unit. :D
If you do decide to test, just let me know.
He is doing much better now?
Chances are he doesn't have Adeno if he hasn't been exposed to it. You would have seen symptoms before now most likely. I am glad that he is improving! Mustard is a great name.

Tracie

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just a little update. Mustard is eating excellently and had a full body shed once already! She is starting to show signs of another shed so she must be growing so fast now with the proper heat, uvb and food her body has no idea how to keep up with it. Though she did lose 5 grams I chalk that up to it spreading out so to speak. I'm super excited about her progress and intend on keeping her! I just need to find/build a bigger tank if they are to keep living together in harmony.

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just a little visual update. Mustard is looking so much better.

jga9Ibn.jpg

mnMU18T.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Mustard sounds like she is doing very well, shedding so quickly. She must be growing a lot now.
I am glad to hear she is happy & has adjusted.
I guess the UVB has really helped out for her.
Let us know how she progresses.

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Wow, sounds like you are doing a great job helping little Mustard get big and strong! On a side note, I would like to really strongly advise against housing beardies together... Even though they may seem to get along just fine, that could change in an instant. Especially since they are both growing and will probably soon develop hormone changes and become more aggressive. You can never really tell what they think of each other, so it is better to err on the side of caution... It only takes one mistake or surprise to lose one of your babies. Good luck!

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
plantkisser":1acibp1s said:
Wow, sounds like you are doing a great job helping little Mustard get big and strong! On a side note, I would like to really strongly advise against housing beardies together... Even though they may seem to get along just fine, that could change in an instant. Especially since they are both growing and will probably soon develop hormone changes and become more aggressive. You can never really tell what they think of each other, so it is better to err on the side of caution... It only takes one mistake or surprise to lose one of your babies. Good luck!

Thanks for the concern but I'm unfortunately only keeping her until the end of December or maybe a tiny bit longer. Her owner decided he wants her back after he buys a new tank. I hope he takes care of her the right way this time. Wish me luck.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Aw, that is sad that you have to say goodbye to little Mustard soon. Hopefully the owner will see what a big difference your proper care has made and treat the little baby right!! Best of luck :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh gosh, I am sorry that you have to give little Mustard back to the owner. I hope she is well taken care of then. Will you at least get to see her any after she goes back to her other owner?
That will be hard to give her up though.

Tracie

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":utir1xj6 said:
Hello,

Oh gosh, I am sorry that you have to give little Mustard back to the owner. I hope she is well taken care of then. Will you at least get to see him any after he goes back to his other owner?
That will be hard to give her up though.

Tracie

I wish I didn't have to either but he did purchase her originally and it is his so.. I can't really argue. I can only hope he realizes how close he was to losing her. And yes, I visit him weekly since we hang out on Saturdays to nerd about reptiles and watch movies. Hehe. I will miss her dearly.. I'll have to pick up either another beardie or reptile, it'll be so lonely without more than 1.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh did you already have to rehome her back to him then?
I am sure Mustard misses you though, she really recovered nicely for you. Hopefully he will take as good care of her as you did.
At least you still get to see her though, fairly often.

Tracie

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Little Mustard has gone back to her original owner.. I'll miss her every day. It feels weird only having 2 reptiles again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom