The Adventures of Walrus, Hyuna, Harley & Quinn!:December 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had scoured the internet for a bearded dragon that perked my interest. I stumbled upon some silkback beardies and thought they were interesting so I contacted a breeder in my area who had posted an ad in some classifieds I was browsing and waited to hear back.
After a while, I finally recieved a phone call from the breeder, who is from A & J dragons, saying that he had sold the silkback dragons that he had posted but that he had one more in a pet store in his area that he could pick up and show me. So, I got in my car and drove to meet him.

When he got there he seemed upset. He told me that the pet shop had not been taking care of his dragons properly and that he had some bad news.

Turns out that the pet store had housed him with another much larger bearded dragon and it had "nipped" the silky. Nipped is definitely an understatement. His little right arm lays to his side totally limp. It's got visible kinks and discoloration in some of his toes. He was very, very dry due to the fact that they had not soaked him or lotioned him the whole time he was there. I posted on the forums about his arm here : viewtopic.php?f=45&t=194141 If you guys have any suggestions on how to care for this, please stop by and give me some input.

The breeder was furious and took all his bearded dragons that he housed at that pet store. He told me that he did not feel right making me spend the amount we had previously agreed on if I liked the little guy, and that he'd give him to me next to nothing, just enough to pay for the gas he used driving there and back to his home. He also gave me his guarantee that if the little guy didn't make it that he'd give me another silky in his place because he felt so bad about the whole thing.

So, now I've got a poor little injured silky. He's already stolen my heart. I've yet to name the little guy. I'm gonna give it a little bit of time before I give him a name. Here's some pics!

Annalee

Juvie Member
Original Poster

Here's a good picture of Mr. Noodle.

And here's a picture of his butt.

Noodle has been very curious about me which is awesome. I'm not used to an aquatic pet who even shows signs of glimpses of curiosity. He definitely does.

Because he's a GFP Albino, his coloration allows me to see into his stomach. :shock: I'm glad I can actually see he's been eating. Those are blood worms in his belly. I also watched him eat a salmon pellet that I had put in there. He's shown no interest in the shrimp as food yet. All 7 remain for now. He's chased them but he's not trying to eat them. He's cornered a few and had them right in front of his mouth but he hasn't eaten them. I'm guessing he's just toying with them... for now. :roll:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Poor shrimpies. <3
Noodle is very cute, though! I love aquatics. I really want a gold fish, or two. But you need 30+ gallons for one and well..I'm only allowed up to a 10.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Great looking tank and Mr Noodle is very cute. And he's interested in you, wonder how he views you? Glad you're enjoying him!

Annalee

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Everything's good. Noodle's adjusted to his new home. Doesn't care for his cave though which I find odd becasue he's supposed to hide most of the time but instead explores and chases the shrimp around. He's eaten quite a bit. I only count 5 shrimp and one ripped to shreds on the bottom so I'm guessing two of them bit the dust.

The beardies had fun with bath time today. I just cleaned the tub carefully so today was their first time in the bath tub.

Harley and Quinn did not want to cooperate today so no pictures of them. I don't know why but I have taken to calling them lady birds... I guess their mouths remind me of birds beaks or something. Not sure where the association is but I have been calling them that for a long while now. XD They were angry lady birds today.

Hyuna just shed yesterday to reveal she's already shedding under her shed... Her head where she isn't shedding already sure is bright.

Walrus was a little angry man today. As usual.

Here he is, imitating a blimp.

Still a blimp.

After bath time. He crawled up my arm to sit on my shoulder and was still not very happy.

Not a great picture but his beard is out and he was bobbing his head which is why he's out of focus. Macho man....

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
I love little Walrus! He's so humorous! He's very good at playing blimp! :lol:

Hyuna looks like a tiger! :shock: Beautiful!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Jeeze, Walrus, chill out a bit. What a cutie, and I love his expanding to make himself all big. He's come a very long way!

And Hyuna is beautiful. Seriously, wow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, Walrus, you're so little to think you're so big :lol: What a little brat he can be...he was angry about being in the bathtub? And Hyuna is beautiful, she's going to be so striking when she's done shedding. You're doing so well with them. Were your ladybirds angry because of the tub? I gave up using the tub with my crew, none of them really like it, they all prefer the 2 big sinks I have in the kitchen, so that's where they get their baths. In the summer I let Leo swim in the big tub and sometimes Gabriel will swim but not often. Plus it's very difficult for me to bend over, arthritis in my back, so standing at the sinks are easier all around.

Hope they get used to baths in the tub, maybe Walrus will get over himself and learn how to swim!

Annalee

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I never did an update on the silkworms :shock:

They're doing great. I've already fed some of them to the dragons as they're getting a good size. They ALL like them thank Jesus. I'm going to be breeding them when they get of size hopefully.

^click that to see a quick video

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad the silkworms are doing well. What do you have them on? That video was so funny, not sure which beardie it was trying to get through the glass at that worm, then upset with the dogs going by sniffing at the worm. Glad the dogs didn't eat it :lol: That was so funy :lol:

Annalee

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3nxs8b63 said:
I'm glad the silkworms are doing well. What do you have them on? That video was so funny, not sure which beardie it was trying to get through the glass at that worm, then upset with the dogs going by sniffing at the worm. Glad the dogs didn't eat it :lol: That was so funy :lol:
All that is in there is rehydrated mulberry leaves. They kind of make their own substrate cause they're constantly making silk and eating. The beardie in the video is Quinn. She likes them the best. She gets along with the dogs great so I thought it was hilarious that she got angry at them with the silk worm.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just watched the video again and saw the whole thing this time. It seemed to me that Quinn was telling the dog "that worm is MINE! leave it alone!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom