The Adventures of Reggie, the Wonder Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased my first ever beardie on May 19, a cute little trans citrus boy named Reggie. He was bred by the owner of a reptile specialty store. I originally walked into the store to purchase a blue tongue skink, however, he had been sold almost an hour before I arrived. :( So the pet store owner offered me Reggie, so I got him :) I own a ball python and a corn snake, but beardies are completely new to me.

f41ceu.jpg

pushmipullu

Original Poster
Well, Reggie pooped today. Smeared it around on his carpet, as well as on his foot, tail, and butt. I tried wiping them off with a wet paper towel, but it didn't seem to do much. Any advice?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do that sometimes. You may want to either keep several sets of carpet available so you can swap them in and clean the others as needed, or switch to a solid substrate that is easy to clean such as tile or non adhesive shelf liner. Give him a warm bath for now to try and get him cleaned up a bit. I use Dr Bronner's unscented baby mild soap in the baths if additional cleaning power is needed. As a long term solution, you may want to start trying to train him. Start by giving him a warm bath at around the same time every day. This helps with poops and will get him in the routine of going in the bath at around the same time. (I use a turkey roasting pan as a bathttub because it's portable, easy to fill, and easy to clean). After a while he'll get used to going at the same time so you can either keep going with the baths or just put him on a section of floor that is easy to clean (linoleum comes to mind) and just keep him in that area until he goes (within reason). It takes some time to get this routine and training down but it's absolutely worth it and keeps your tank much cleaner.

pushmipullu

Original Poster
Gave him a bath to get the poop off. Didn't even have to scrub him, the stuff came right off just with soaking :) Discovered he colors up really well in the bath. Also bought some extra carpet.

Tub is clean, the stains in it are old.

29usnrk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom