That's twice in a little under three months my heat bulb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Went out for no reason just fused out I guess, anyone have any suggestions on a reliable heat bulb? It would seem my local store doesn't sale good products. I was using a 50w (both times). believe it or not the brand was Zoo Med. 2,000 hours my ass. :/

doe222

Juvie Member
its just for heat you dont need a specific "reptile heat bulb" thats a gimic to make you spend more than you need. Just go get a regular house hold bulb (NON COIL) with a bright WHITE light. You would have to try different wattages to get the right temp but hey trial and error and you can use them throughout your house. Make sure you have a proper UVB bulb to go along with it. What do you currently have for UVB?

doe222

Juvie Member
With the reptisun a household bulb for heat will do just fine (i was making sure you werent relying on MVB bulbs) just make sure you get a bright white light bulb. It protects your beardies eyes from being hurt by the UVB? Not sure just relaying information givin to me from others.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So you guys are telling me to... plug in one of these?

Keyless-Fixture-light-bulb-sm1.jpg

Will do.. :lol:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yep, that's the one! Lol...If you can find clear bulbs, those are recommended. If possible, get a couple different wattages so that you adjust temps without having to run to the store repeatedly.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Alright, I will keep that in mind for next time since my gf just got home & she ended up re-buying the same 50w bulb. Until than, I've noticed something after plugging it in.. guys/girls.. stick with me here.. it smells funny, not like a fire but like chemically funny.. I feel sick from breathing it to much if I turn on the bubl & but my nose up in the light. It's Zoo Med.. & it's just odd. From searching I saw this.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=167663

This person also had a Zoo Med.

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Is this for Daytime or Nighttime heating? I ask because incandescent is perfect for daytime heating, but if your temp goes below 65F at night, you will want a CHE so it stays warm and dark so your dragon can sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom