Thanks from a new beardie parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chango04

Im a new beardie owner. My son got "Leonard" as his Christmas gift and we have been thrilled with him. He is roughly 8 months old now, but small for his age. Ive done tons of research on properly caring for him but have been worried due to his loose poo's. People say stress can do it, change in diet, change in environment, etc. So that is what he assumed was going on, but he wasn't getting better. About a week ago his appetite decreased for his greens, loved the roaches still. Took him yesterday to a reptile vet nearby for a check-up and came home with 3 antibiotics! He was diagnosed with pinworms, Flagella, and Coccidia. I feel terrible that he has been suffering with this, but Im assuming he had all of these when we purchased him.

I am THRILLED to say that after only 1 dose of Ponasuril, metronidazole, and Panacur he is a different beardie today. So active and alert and ate ALL of his greens plus his roaches.

Id like to thank everyone for their activity on this board. Reading all the posts have helped tremendously to understand that he wasn't acting normal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear the meds are helping! Hopefully he'll recover quickly and completely and be back to his normal self soon =). Please keep us updated on him.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
This is why we are here, to help others!!!.. Glad you found us!!

I hope Leonard continues to get better and lives a happy life with his new family.. Please keep us updated on his progress!

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I couldn't agree more with the OP.

When I was looking to get my first dragon this was by far my biggest and most consistent resource for all things beardies.
Since this site helped me learn so much, I did create an account, and am now trying to apply my knowledge to others that were in the same boat I was a year and a half ago. Even to this day I read through the health/ER forums to help educate myself on any health related issues I could possibly encounter and will have the knowledge of what it is and how to proceed.

Thank you, Chango, and by all means continue to use this forum as your resource and ask any questions you may have.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Agreed completely! Everyone here is so helpful. People like Drache613 and AHBD helped me nurse my little girl, who has adenovirus, back to health. She would not be alive had I not found this place.

:love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom