Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcorey1

Well, Rufus has been in this 2+ year battle with fungus. Now that she's on a newer anti-fungal, Voriconazole, and thanks to everyone who showed her help and support, she seems to be turning a corner! Her color is improved, she seems much happier, is eating more, and black bearding is a thing of the past. Her lesions (even the very very deep ones) are beginning to slowly but surely heal. The patches of external fungus are beginning to shed off, hopefully for the last time. So, we just wanted to say thank you to anyone and everyone who has helped give me advice! I'd like to just thank this entire community for being here. And so would she....

rufusthanks.jpg

Oh and liquid echinecea and colloidal silver have worked WONDERS for helping her heal up.

Elaina

Juvie Member
Hi! I am so glad this is working for her! And I am very very glad that you shared your information> This site has been a staple for me in caring for both my beardies. I have one beardie that has been battling YFD for three years. We have tried itraconozole, silver sulfate, and he has had four surgeries to remove deep lesions. Last time he had a staph infection on top of it. We had injectable antibiotics for that. Well as usual, its all coming back. I left a message for my vet about the Voriconozole and hopefully we can get on board with it. He is such a sweet and funny beardie. And I HATE watching him go through this. The lesions he has are all around his face now. His body is clear. But I can see under the crusty silver coated scabs around his face that underneath is just raw nasty flesh. I am sure there is staph again too. We can't do more surgeries, its not working and we have cut a lot of his lip and beard off. I just can't do more. And financially this has cost sooo much. Can you tell me about the acidophillus, colloidal silver and echinacea? How did you decided how much to use, what kind you got, etc. And with the silver- is that topical? At this point I don't think the silver sulfate is very effective. Last night I discovered that some shed on his eyelid that I thought was being stubborn and not coming off-actually looks like a patch of fungus. I started him back on the itraconozole again, its been a couple of months since the last round. That's all I can do unless the vet can do the Voriconozole. My husband has said to me, if this continues, maybe we should think about whether or not he is suffereing, and you know the rest of the conversation... I can't go there. He is still eating (unless he is on the oral meds) he seems happy and good except for the fungus.

And for the record- for anyone who thinks its ok to feed beardies pinkie mice or live prey (besides insects)- THAT is how Stewie's journey through fungus began. The owner I got him from said he wouldn't eat crickets so he fed him pinkies. I guess this guy didn't do his homework to find out that there are many things to feed besides crickets! I digress;) He was a year old. When I got him, I took him to the vet for a general check up, and he had three different parasites that the vet attributed to the pinkies, and maybe unclean habitat. So the antibiotic that Stewie took to rid the parasites caused the fungus outbreak (like a woman who takes antibiotics can get a yeast infection). I have been caring for him as a patient as well as my friend for THREE years. Wish I could find that guy and give him a piece of my mind LOL!

Here are some pictures of him presently, and they aren't great because of I used my phone.

stewiefeb162011.jpg

stewie3feb162011.jpg

stewie2feb162011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom