Tenants left behind their VERY thin girl... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats about the shedding, isn't it funny when they do the "dog" thing. Well, we've always called dragons "scaley puppies"!

What a great Christmas gift to you from Jade!

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS!

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Left side of her face - you can see the shedding around her eye and a bit on her nostril.
307682_10152360446290261_1221531749_n.jpg

Right side of her face - You can see it very good on her nose here.
8838_10152360886615261_541975355_n.jpg

Left side again, you can clearly see the lower portion shedding now.
483327_10152360886770261_320369926_n.jpg

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":2x4n2hfx said:
Merry Christmas! I'm glad Jade is doing soo much better. Shedding is definitely a good thing, especially for how she was when you got her.

Thanks, Im really glad she has improved so rapidly!

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":l0m3db54 said:
Congrats about the shedding, isn't it funny when they do the "dog" thing. Well, we've always called dragons "scaley puppies"!

What a great Christmas gift to you from Jade!

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS!

I always thought it was weird when Id see Golly or Arthur do it... But with Jade - she makes it look normal. Or Im getting used to the idea of seeing dragons do that... hahaha

Thats a cute nick name for beardies!!! I will have to use that on my fb account since my family have all picked up on my obsession with dragons...

And yes, it was a great gift to wake up to! I was thrilled with it!

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SO the place I ordered the Bee Pollen from hasnt called me or informed me that they have it in... So, while spending a Christmas lunch at my Aunt and grandparents place, I asked them if they had any ( they are health food nuts and are typically more knowledgeable about the different items then the people formulating them) and they had a HUGE bag - Im talking in excess of 20 kilos, so I took a sandwich bag full of the stuff to test my dragons on it and see how they do with it. I didnt want to take a large amount and then have them not like it. Im not really keen on eating it myself, so we will see how the dragons do with it.

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Jade LOVES the Bee Pollen, Golly ate it but then acted funny... Kind of like he was 'heaving' to be sick, but he wasnt. Not sure if thats cause hes been so lazy lately, or just what - but it kind of freaked me out.

Jade ate LOTS of what I gave her so she will likely be getting more of it tomorrow with the calcium like today. I will mix it in with her collard greens. Maybe I will wet them a touch so it sticks to the greens better and gives her more moisture.

Also, Jade is shedding lots more so its been a fun few days with her. Shes still really skittish... But Im working with her on that.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
When they have been mistreated like she has it takes awhile for them to get used to some new person treating them good like you are. I'm glad to see she likes the bee pollen.

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sooo I gave Jade a bath today with the rocks in it like I normally do, and she started scratching her hind legs against the rocks - she split her legs open so she can shed off that skin!!!

Ive included a pic for the hell of it... Both hind legs, from the knee down shed off today!!! Most of her snout, and areas around her eyes have shed!!!

564985_10152369985740261_1731251653_n.jpg

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also, the silk worms came in today!!! REALLY cool and all but like maybe 5 survived! I got 5 horn worms with my order that I wasnt really expecting, so Golly got those, and Jade and Golly each got about 10 silkies.

Now I have the issue of keeping the silkies alive with Pharaoh ants... They seem to LOVE the silkies and invade them like crazy! I lost about 3 of them today - my wife got the worms while I was working and when I got home less then 3 hours later the worms had close to 200 ants on them! Ive squished the ants, and moved the silkies to the sink so I can figure out what I can do with them now.

Going to go to mulberryfarms.com and see about my options for storing them... GRRRR

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BrendaKay":2av3nuo1 said:
Hate to intrude, but bee pollen? For what? They eat it?

Apparently its a immune system booster, and it helps to make them hungry... Jade, who was left behind by previous tenants was and still is VERY thin - she was eating but very slowly and people said baby food for nutrients and moisture, and the bee pollen to boost her immune system and help make her hungry.

It made her ravenous today!!! 1 leaf of collard greens, and then about 15 silk worms... I figure Im gonna feed the bee pollen until Im out of it and then not use it any more. I figure shes improved by leaps and bounds so far that I dont need it any more.

Its pretty cool stuff if you do some research on it. TONS of nutrients and such for humans and dragons alike.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Hmmmm sounds interesting. May have to take a trip to the health food store. I'm assuming that's where you can buy it?

jamiedennis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BrendaKay":20cqt1wn said:
Hmmmm sounds interesting. May have to take a trip to the health food store. I'm assuming that's where you can buy it?

Yes, the health food store, some BIG grocery stores, if your in the states - WalMart carries the gel capsule form - which is great to apply to veggies, and feeders.

I have the pellets and they are great cause the beardies can see them and go nuts on them!

Good luck with the search - I live in Canada and it was a pain to find!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're a Canadian, too! Where abouts do you live, I live near Vancouver, BC.

I'm so glad Jade is shedding, that's really great news, means she's getting bigger & to hear that her appetite has increased due to the bee pollen, that's great news too. You also can't overdo it, it has 98 different nutrients. I have granules, but keep forgetting about it, it's in the freezer, I was adding it to water and then feeding it by syringe. They really liked it, but I found it to be a pain to feed that way, never considered to just feed it to them, so I'll replace what I have one day & feed it to them, maybe in the spring when they're going through spring fever (looking for females time) as they don't eat hardly at all, so that will boost their appetite, hopefully.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Jade is doing so well now, her colors are great!
So she likes the bee pollen pretty well? A lot of them do like the flavor. I am glad that it is helping her out so much right now on her energy & appetite, too.
Great job getting her healthy & happy. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom